which wine?

Heather White

It is Coyam -  a red blend (with some Carmenere in the mix) from Emiliano - a lovely winery in the Casablanca Valley. We were fortunate enough to visit Emiliano and taste this wine (amongst others) when we were headed from Santiago to Valparaiso three years ago. When we were boarded the Quest we were delighted to see they had procured some of this lovely wine. And ever since we always ask if they have any. It does not show up on the house wine list as quantities are limited but in the past three years have found they usually had enough to last our cruise. On our recent cruse the Sommelier was even kind enough to send two bottles to our suite - just in case!

• Like 1

I checked wine lists from recent cruises and the only Chilean I saw on the house lists was the Canepa Finissimo, cab sauv from the Colchagua Valley. Maybe this is the one you drank on Encore. Of course it could be something else entirely as the list does vary from cruise to cruise and ship to ship"

3 hours ago, Ka Honu said:

Just boarded Sojourn and found that the Coyam is available but no longer complimentary. 

Aloha from the Quest.  Interesting as it is still, as of last night when we were drinking it, complimentary on the Quest.  I wonder if Sojourn is an aberration or the future?

On 11/14/2019 at 11:44 AM, Heather White said:

We returned recently from a most enjoyable cruise on the Encore. I don't know whether all the ships have the same included wine menu, but can anyone help us to recall the name of a Chilean red which began with the letter C?

This was served on the Sojourn during our recent Caribbean cruise:

image.png

Edited by pnsnkr
duplicate picture