Waterproof "pak" for meds on excursions

TEAGAN

We are finally booked for Voyager of Seas in April. My hubby (who made me promise 10 yrs ago to shoot him if he ever talked about going on a cruise) is getting excited about it !! Our Autistic/Epileptic child takes a lot of meds throughout the day. We are looking forward to a couple of excurions in St Thomas or Nassau (or at least a couple of days on the beach). Any suggestions of how to pack or store meds that we can keep "on us" (couldn't leave them on the beach as we are scre---d if they are stolen). Possibly a waterproof pack ? We have a small necklace thing that carries a couple of credit cards & cash - but not big enough for meds.

Looking to you seasoned cruisers for advice. Thanks.

This isn't exactly what you asked but something came up when I was talking to a pharmacy clerk at Kaiser Permanente in the SF Bay area. They were making me extra labels for smaller containers and he said that some patients had mentioned that in the Caribbean, at some ports, they had trouble with things like asthma inhalers taken ashore because they weren't labelled directly on the medicine container (instead on the box or the plastic applicator). He suggested when traveling overseas to get the extra label printed and place it on the medicine container itself. Others that have been there might be able to give you more input how often this happens and where. Kaiser mail order packages in larger bottles, so they give me smaller bottles at the walk-in pharmacies with extra labels.

Also, be sure to tie or toggle any med container bag onto something larger (bag or purse) so that it can't be dropped or fall out.

Aquapac makes waterproof packs of all sizes. I use thieir "key master" to hold my ship card, id and credit card when I go snorkeling and never had any problems. You can find them on the web. Note: ironically, several websites including waterproofcases.net sell them cheaper than Aquapac's own site.

Archived