New Years Eve Cruise what are they like?

WhaleTailFlCruiser

So I will be sailing on the Legend on December 29th and this will be my first New years eve cruise, And as it is now only 42 or so days away I am starting to get really excited. Can anyone tell me what New years eve cruises are like? And how they are different from just the regular Cruises? 

7 hours ago, WhaleTailFlCruiser said:

So I will be sailing on the Legend on December 29th and this will be my first New years eve cruise, And as it is now only 42 or so days away I am starting to get really excited. Can anyone tell me what New years eve cruises are like? And how they are different from just the regular Cruises? 

We have been on a few NYE cruises with Carnival.  They hand out free champagne beginning around dinner time, have a special menu for dinner, hand out hats and noisemakers at a big deck party, and have the ball drop televised from NYC Times Square on Lido deck.  Lots of fun, bottles of champagne all around (free) and a nice way to bring in the New Year.  

We have done it the past 2 years and are also going again this year on Magic and can't wait! It feels like an added level of excitement and energy on board. Like the previous post said, they have champagne and special menus. They have a huge deck party on Lido with the countdown on the big screen. They hand out lots of different novelty items like, glow stick (big ones), light up glasses with the year on them, hats and other fun items that I can't quite recall. They have tables set up with empty balloons and a little paper you can fill in your new years aspiration on and put inside the balloon and it's part of the balloon drop. My paper was in my cabin mailbox when we turned in for the night. It was exciting lol Not sure if they are still doing the balloon drop as I heard they were doing away with it so I'll have to see if I can confirm that or maybe someone on here will. Either way, you'll have a blast!