Costa cruise price is half the cost on European website

ExploraDiva

Hi All, I am already booked on a Costa Indian Ocean cruise leaving in 5 weeks. But now, I see the price advertised on the Costa EU site, same cruise, for half the cost. I have spoken to Costa and they tell me they " advertise differently in different countries", etc..  am NOT looking for a refund, but maybe OBC or an upgrade. Do I have any recourse? Thanks

Edited by ExploraDiva

With which Costa site or TA did you book with.

You probably have no recourse, even if you booked with Costa EU site, you entered into a contract and accpeted  also were happy with the price they quoted.

This is not only a Costa "problem" but applies to all cruise lines, just look at American cruise lines in the Caribbean, what US citizebs pay and what Europeans have to pay (double).

Don't hold out much hope.

Which cruise Mauritius or Mumbai.

We have done both, both are fabulous, we found Mauritius just a bit better.

Have a great cruise.

Not sure who you booked with, but if you booked directly with a Costa site I believe you have reserved your cabin and can cancel up to a couple of days before the cruise? If this is correct and you booked directly with Costa then you can cancel and rebook, and get the more favourable fare. I am happy to be corrected on this, though.

Thank you so much for your response. We’re going on the Mauritius one. I actually have the email of the CEO and he responded to me a few months ago about something unrelated. I might actually email him and ask if there’s anything he can do. Again, not for a refund which I know is naïve to think so, but maybe an OBC or upgrade for a cabin.

unfortunately, we did not book with Costa, we have two cabins and booked with a cruise consolidator. Our price was good but the EU price is much better. Thank you so much for your responses. Any tips for a great cruise since Do you have done the one we are going on? We have hired all private folks for excursions and Are not doing any excursions through the boat.

I once booked on board & was given a price in euros, on our return to the UK. the booking came though in Sterling added another third to the price, they had also removed the OBC. (which we have never had in 30 cruises)

After almost six month & us getting very close to the booked cruise they agreed at final payment day to accept the original euro price but not the OBC.

The price you agree to at the time of booking is the final price, with several exceptions like port charges going up or extra duty on flights.