Ecstasy November 18 - 23, Live

indygirl76

11 hours ago, indygirl76 said:

You're welcome, glad I could help or at least be amusing! I have a land trip to Clearwater Beach in three weeks* and then Karen and I are booked on the Norwegian Breakaway to Costa Maya and Great Harvest Cay in May. TBD whether we'll go, after this year's experience with seasickness. We have until February 1st to decide. 

* I'm going to get all the laundry done from the cruise this weekend, and just put all that same stuff back in the suitcase! Never even put the suitcases in the closet once I got home - what's the point?? 😁 

Were the seas not friendly or was Karen just not having good luck?

4 hours ago, canes20 said:

Were the seas not friendly or was Karen just not having good luck?

She would say the seas were very (!!) unfriendly, but I didn't have any trouble aside from inability to walk in a straight line the first couple of days. I think just bad luck, unfortunately. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 9:28 AM, marshhawk said:

We are on her in 20 days-and staying at the Crowne=so please tell, what besides the pool is wrong?

I think we are on the same cruise! Taking all the kids and grandkids. The oldest daughter is from your area. You will find us in Alchemy!

2 hours ago, elklemi said:

Enjoyed your review as I will be on Ecstasy in January and was wondering how Uber from the port went.  Heard it is hit or miss and wonder how it went for you all.

It was kind of a cluster, which frankly describes the port in general; I don't think I will cruise from Jacksonville again. (The cruise itself was fantastic!! But the port needs to get its ... situation ... together.)

Uber TO the port was great, right up to the area with the porters, but when we left, we had to walk wayyyyyyy out to the north forty. There were no signs ("car service pickup area" or whatever) until you were almost there, so we stood in the general debark area wondering where our driver was.

2 hours ago, elklemi said:

Thank you, was the pickup area to the right as you leave the cruise port under a covering?  Trying to decide if I will park at port or try Uber.

If your back is to the port, you walk all the way down to the left, then hang a right and walk a ways down. If I ever cruised from Jax again, I would probably just do Carnival transfers. 

On 11/23/2019 at 11:00 AM, indygirl76 said:

Thanks! I've never had separate beds that weren't in the L to begin with. But when we left our cabin this morning, and all the doors were open, all of them had that weird initial setup. Must just be how they do it on this ship?? Sorry, cabin guy!! 

When I cruised on Ecstasy in June, the beds were in an "L" shape and I loved it!  I had never seen them set up that way before.  But...we were a cabin of 3, and there was a pullman bed above one of the twins, so maybe that's why?

The oceanview cabins on Ecstasy are 35 sq ft smaller than the same cabins on Liberty, but the Liberty had w twin beds and a sofa bed (so 3 beds taking up floor space, versus 2 with the upper bunk), and I did not lose any floor space in the smaller Ecstasy cabin.

4 hours ago, indygirl76 said:

It was kind of a cluster, which frankly describes the port in general; I don't think I will cruise from Jacksonville again.

I thought JaxPort was super easy!  I did park there, so I didn't have any issues wondering where my Uber driver was, but we only had to walk maybe 25' feet from the car to the terminal.  Easy in and easy out!

I'm sorry it didn't go so well for you there.  

2 hours ago, dlphn501 said:

I thought JaxPort was super easy!  I did park there, so I didn't have any issues wondering where my Uber driver was, but we only had to walk maybe 25' feet from the car to the terminal.  Easy in and easy out!

I'm sorry it didn't go so well for you there.  

We live in Indiana, so it's a biiiiiit far for a commute! 😄