I'm sure this is redundant

The breeder used pink foam rollers to form a pyramid and then taped both ears to them to form a point.

(sorry all...this is soooooo OT!)

I have Briards....I know about getting ears to stand up. ROFL

My oldest is cropped and it was a weekly science project to keep the ears up. I left my second one natural earred. :)

(now back to your regular-scheduled programming)

So, back on topic...... I have a serious question!

If the Compass says the tenders start at 9:00, but island time is 7:00, and I have an excursion planned at 8:00, what is the ship time and when should I show up where? :)

The tour operator (who is saving me TEN whole dollars) says if I am not following island time, but following ship time, and show up two hours late, she will leave without me, so this is very important! Plus, if the ship is leaving port at 5:00pm, and my excursion is 8 hours long, will the ship wait for me to get back if I am two hours late because I set my watch on island time?

Tracy

• Administrators
I haven't been here for a while and am wondering why the box at the bottom only shows the mods and not the members that are online.

sable

The "Who's Online" feature had a profound negative effect on performance.

FYI: These message boards are for all levels of cruisers -- newbie through veterans, so you will have repeat questions. Thanks to those of you who do spend so much time answer all these questions for the new cruisers who visit here each day - *you* are the reason this is the largest and best cruise community on the internet.

For those of you who are tired of the same old, take a peek at our Princess forum, where you'll find a completed FAQ created by our loyal Princess cruisers, and on our Celebrity forum, where there is a FAQ being created right now. Say the word, I'll open one here for everyone to contribute to.....

Laura

• Administrators
Can someone teach me a good way to find my previous posts? I always used to click on my own name in that box. It's time to think OUT of the box, I guess. I'm tired of scrolling through all the posts until I find one with the "you've posted in this thread" symbol.

Click on your USER NAME on any post of yours, choose > Find All Posts By...option

If the Compass says the tenders start at 9:00, but island time is 7:00, and I have an excursion planned at 8:00, what is the ship time and when should I show up where? :)

The tour operator (who is saving me TEN whole dollars) says if I am not following island time, but following ship time, and show up two hours late, she will leave without me, so this is very important! Plus, if the ship is leaving port at 5:00pm, and my excursion is 8 hours long, will the ship wait for me to get back if I am two hours late because I set my watch on island time?

Tracy

1. Show up at 6 am and hold your place with a paperback book and a towel, then go to breakfast. When you come back, push your way to the front of the line by stating your small child ran ahead of you and you need to retrieve her. There will be a few people in front of you, but you should still make the first tender.

2. You will only be one hour late, so you should be fine.

3. Explain this situation to the head purser and demand they wait for you. If they don't, sue them for a free cruise.

Hope this helps. :D

For those of you who are tired of the same old, take a peek at our Princess forum, where you'll find a completed FAQ created by our loyal Princess cruisers, and on our Celebrity forum, where there is a FAQ being created right now. Say the word, I'll open one here for everyone to contribute to.....

Laura

Actually, I think this sounds like a good idea. I checked out the one on the Princess forum. Hopefully people would think to click on it before posting redundant questions. I don't want to speak for everyone here, but IMHO I think a RCCL FAQ at the top of the RCCL boards would be nice.

Tracy

OUCH, OUCH, OUCH!!!!!!! This sounds like one of those word problems I HATED so much back in school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Katie - Thanks for the thanks...glad we could make you smile. But thanks to Sable for coming up with the original post! :) It really made my night...I had such fun responding.

Also, thanks to all of the Cruise Critics for all of your posts on all of the threads that we could draw from to come up with our "material". Cruising is fun and these boards are too!

Side note to Tracy...we love your posts. We learn so much from them.

If I bring my brand new Sunbeam Deluxe Magnum 400-watt iron on board (I like my clothes REALLY crisp), will it work? Can I leave it on when I leave the cabin? (I don't want to have to wait for it to heat up, since it takes 45 minutes to get to its max temperature of 440 degrees). If the ship hits a wave and it falls over and starts a fire, and burns up all my belongings, will RCI pay to have them replaced? Will they give me a free cruise?

Do you think the hairdryer in the cabin will work well enough? My hair is 4 feet long and 8 inches thick (from scalp outward). Or should I bring my own?

I bought a dress recently for a wedding, do you think it will be too dressy for formal night? It's white, off-the-shoulder, full length, hoop skirt, beaded chantilly lace with an 18-foot train and a sequined mesh ankle-length veil.

I bought a dress recently for a wedding, do you think it will be too dressy for formal night? It's white, off-the-shoulder, full length, hoop skirt, beaded chantilly lace with an 18-foot train and a sequined mesh ankle-length veil.

It's only appropriate if your dog is wearing a matching dress as well. Otherwise, leave off the veil but wear opera gloves instead.

;)

Can someone tell me how much a taxi will cost?

I am flying into Tampa on Saturday, picking up a friend at Port Canaveral, staying at the Holiday Inn Bayside in Miami, and then Sunday our group of 13 will need to get to the port in Ft. Lauderdale. Will we fit in a cab with all of our luggage?

Thanks for your help! Just trying to get my budget figured out. :)

Tracy

I have a few more questions before I can help with your budget...Do you plan on prepaying the tip to the taxi driver, putting it on your seapass or paying cash? Make sure that all of your cab mates only have twenties with them when you go to split the bill. Will you be having breakfast at the HI or going through a local drive through...It's very important that you start setting a base because you will be drinking soon enough. Or what the heck bring a thermos or two of bloodies with you for the ride to the terminal and forget the breeakfast! And don't worry about the tenders or the time zone changes...you are on vacation...leave your watch at home!

• 2 weeks later...

Only if you eat in the Windjammer! Though I would pass on the veil since the high winds might make you take flight! :D

Those were hysterical!!!!! :D :D

These have gotta be the best:

I am bringing a 3 day old infant. Will I have a great time? Will the people at my table be incredibly understanding? Will the people on either side of my cabin be incredibly understanding?

I am bringing a group of surly, rebellious teens and putting them in a room of their own because I really don't want to deal with it. Will RCI take total responsibility for their entertainment and safety?

If RCI sends me my documents and I don't do the moronic "doc dance", will I be denied boarding?

I am bringing a 3 day old infant. Will I have a great time? Will the people at my table be incredibly understanding? Will the people on either side of my cabin be incredibly understanding? Only if you let her cry all night. That way they'll really know that you are having to put up with a baby.

I am bringing a group of surly, rebellious teens and putting them in a room of their own because I really don't want to deal with it. Will RCI take total responsibility for their entertainment and safety? Sure. Make sure to go and complain at the end of the cruise about all the charges they rack up on their SeaPass card.

If RCI sends me my documents and I don't do the moronic "doc dance", will I be denied boarding?

It's possible you might be denied boarding, but you can always bribe somebody to do the dance for you.

It's possible you might be denied boarding, but you can always bribe somebody to do the dance for you.

Glad you brought that up. I am a professional doc dancer. I will do your doc dance for you. Low cost, competitive pricing! My doc dance will get you excited about your cruise without the added worry of twisting an ankle or herniating a disk right before your dream vacation. I will also spare you the humiliation of someone actually seeing you twist and gyrate to the internal music you hear when you open your docs.

Doc dances can be performed at your home, or by video conference. I can even do them over the telephone.

Contact me at http://www.dodadocdancebabee.com for the most profesional doc-dance-for-hire service available! No one should start a cruise without one.

:D

LeeAnne

Those were hysterical!!!!! :D :D

And if LeeAnne's doc dancing service is overbooked you can always hire Jerry Rice from Dancing with the Stars. I think he'll be available after tomorrow!:rolleyes:

Archived