Price drop...wwyd?

crazyboutdisney

36 minutes ago, Biffire said:

I checked last night and the price of our cabin had dropped considerably. I e-mailed my TA last night, she called as I got home from work, she said, NCL, would upgrade us from a balcony to a mini-suite. I accepted and had my e-docs when I checked after dinner. I realize a Mini, is not much different from a balcony but the tub will be a nice add on. I always book early to get cheaper airfare, and although the price reduction is probably greater than the upgrade, I feel fortunate, looking forward to our cruise!

Im watching to see what happens. If nothing changes in a few days I am going to take the OBC

4 hours ago, Biffire said:

I checked last night and the price of our cabin had dropped considerably. I e-mailed my TA last night, she called as I got home from work, she said, NCL, would upgrade us from a balcony to a mini-suite. I accepted and had my e-docs when I checked after dinner. I realize a Mini, is not much different from a balcony but the tub will be a nice add on. I always book early to get cheaper airfare, and although the price reduction is probably greater than the upgrade, I feel fortunate, looking forward to our cruise!

Did you confirm that your mini comes with a tub? Not every mini-suite has a tub...

On 11/20/2019 at 8:25 PM, crazyboutdisney said:

Im watching to see what happens. If nothing changes in a few days I am going to take the OBC

Just remember, that will be a one time offer.  If the price drops a lot more, you will not be able to call in and get more OBC or a free upgrade.

You mentioned that the cruise is in March. Was it just after final payment that you saw those first price drops?

12 hours ago, Biffire said:

How can I tell, I have a room number but dont see the category on the paperwork?

A few options:

-you could call your TA and ask about category and features.

-you could look at an online deck map and try to match room color to room category.

-if neither of the above works, you could post the ship name and cabin number here and hope a helpful, knowledgeable person will assist.

5 hours ago, Biffire said:

Starry Eyes,

Thanks for the color coding tip, I had never paid much attention to that, looks I am good!

Happy Cruising

I’m glad you found the right deck plan and you were able to decode it.  I have some colorblind family members who might find that impossible.

Questing about this....

Getaway/Jan: Our room has dropped $500 and my travel agent called NCL and nothing was offered.  Do I need to contact NCL directly?  Or does my travel agent need to call again and ask for either a room upgrade or OBC?

On 11/22/2019 at 7:09 AM, Starry Eyes said:

Just remember, that will be a one time offer.  If the price drops a lot more, you will not be able to call in and get more OBC or a free upgrade.

You mentioned that the cruise is in March. Was it just after final payment that you saw those first price drops?

Yes, I realize its a one time deal and we paid our cruise off the first of November. I'm not real sure when the actual drop happened. I just happened to check last week and notice. 

2 hours ago, smokey11 said:

Questing about this....

Getaway/Jan: Our room has dropped $500 and my travel agent called NCL and nothing was offered.  Do I need to contact NCL directly?  Or does my travel agent need to call again and ask for either a room upgrade or OBC?

NCL will have nothing to do with you personally if you used a TA.  And if your TA is not fighting for the one time OBC that NCL gives as a courtesy (I believe it is 25% of the change) after you have paid final payment, your TA is not doing their job.  

2 hours ago, smokey11 said:

Questing about this....

Since you booked with a TA, you must work through that TA; you cannot work directly with NCL.  The TA “owns” your reservation and must be involved.  It sounds like the agent might might have fought for you the first time. And if TA’s are treated like those of us who book directly, it can be time consuming.  I have been on hold for an hour waiting for my turn with the correct department for such free adjustment.  On the other hand, when I call in offering to pay in a just few more dollars  for an upgrade, that can be handled fast by a regular agent (no special department needed).

How many in your cabin?  I ask because if there only one or two, the upgrade calculations are simpler.  With extra guests, they many look at each individual guests fares, not the total fare for the cabin.

If I were you, I’d take a look at upgrade options.  Are there any that interest you that now only cost a little more (comparing base fare vs base fare...not gratuities and such)?  Take a look at any perks...you might gain some (if so, you’d have to pay gratuities if you pick perks where gratuities apply). If you find an upgrade you think is now attractively priced, call and talk to your TA about possibly paying for that upgrade.  If prices fall on that upgraded cabin as the cruise approaches, you can still watch for the possibility of asking for an adjustment in the future.

If instead the upgrades that interest you have base prices lower than your current fare, and you think you’d like to ask for a one time goodwill upgrade, call your TA.  Try to get the agent to go to bat for you.  If you’d rather have OBC, again, you’d have to get the TA to go to bat for you.

32 minutes ago, crazyboutdisney said:

Yes, I realize its a one time deal and we paid our cruise off the first of November. I'm not real sure when the actual drop happened. I just happened to check last week and notice. 

I just wonder if that was the first price drop after final payment.  There is a lot more time for prices to drop further or for nicer cabins to open up to you.  Easy for me to say, as it is not my money, but I think if it were me I’d wait longer before asking for OBC.