Booking flight seats

July morning

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2019 at 4:35 PM, July morning said:

Has anyone tried to prebook their seats?  I know I was able to do this when it was a Thomas Cook flight but can't find the information on how to do this now that I have a

British Airways flight hoping someone has the info how to do it on line.

Thanks

You will need to ask Fred if the flight was booked by him.  I assume the TC flight was a Fred charter so booking seats would have been possible through Fred.  Is your BA flight a charter, or as I suspect is it a scheduled flight.  If the latter, you usually need a flight booking reference number to access the booking system.  Otherwise it would be a case of choosing what seats may still be available at check in (may be able to do on line a day or two before the flight.  I am not sure about the current BA system, but we tend to book our flight seats with Emirates, though not a cheap option and have also been able to book seats without charge on Etihad in recent years. 

Sometimes cruise companies block book seats, so you will be allocated seats within that block.  If that is the case there may only be one flight reference number which would show details of all people booked on that reference, so you would not be able to access it individually.  As I said, you need to check with Fred. 

Thank you for your reply.

It's a BA flight, chartered by FO.  It was quite easy to book seats when it was TC, we couldn't book in on line but it didn't matter as we had booked our seats.  I can't quite remember if the seats were £20/£25pp per flight but I think BA will be much more I know when we pre-booked our seats using Emirates it was expensive and that was just in economy!  flights not until the end of January so shall give it so thought.

13 hours ago, July morning said:

Thank you for your reply.

It's a BA flight, chartered by FO.  It was quite easy to book seats when it was TC, we couldn't book in on line but it didn't matter as we had booked our seats.  I can't quite remember if the seats were £20/£25pp per flight but I think BA will be much more I know when we pre-booked our seats using Emirates it was expensive and that was just in economy!  flights not until the end of January so shall give it so thought.

Where are you going?  We are away at that time, spending about 2 weeks in Sri Lanka before picking up Boudicca from there on 6th February.  We are flying Emirates, but not with Fred.  Even with the seat booking charge and a night in the airside hotel on the way out (we do not do overnight flights), the prices are still cheaper than Fred's and a whole lot better timings and we have been able to book just two seats together for both the outbound legs.

Enjoy your holiday,

Barbara

We're going to the Western Caribbean 30 January for two weeks.

Enjoy your holiday as well 🙂 We've been to Sri Lanka on holiday but it wasn't a cruise we done a tour with some beach time at the end that was quite a few years ago now!  I don't know where the time goes.