NCL Air - Anyone feel like they got worse flights when chosing to deviate to earlier arrival day?

CP3o

I've chosen to deviate 2 days and if paying for expensive hotel, would like to explore the city.  If I didn't deviate I'm sure I would get an early morning flight with as short a travel time as possible b/c they'd need to book that to hope I could make 4pm sailaway.

Ideally, I'd like the same sort of flight I'd get if didn't deviate, just 48 hrs earlier.  I'm wondering, tho, if deviations allow them the flexibility to open the constraints on flight selections.  Instead of 'cheapest morning flight' it could be "cheapest flights all day long" in whatever query they use, opening up the possiblity of 8pm departure and very late arrival etc.  

Anyone had experience with less than ideal flights booked when coming in earlier?  I assume there is no way to make a request of any sort?  ie 'early morning flight preferred'  

We as well have 2 days deviation and were booked on early morning flights.  Our group was booked are different flights (which has since been changed), but both flights were early morning.  

I called NCL Air to request early morning flights however our flights were already booked at that point - 81 days out 

We had a 1 day deviation and they still scheduled us on a flight around 9:45 AM. We essentially had all day to relax and explore in Miami. The return flight was actually late at night (we didn't arrive back to PA until around 2 am). Aside from hauling luggage around, it was nice the enjoy another day in Miami. 

It is completely random and they assign the air at their discretion. If you booked your Hotel through NCL as well then I am sure they will at least try to get you there at a decent time.

I had a 1-day deviation and ended up with a 6 AM flight from Upstate NY.  Landed in LA at 11:30 AM the day before embarkation.  Not sure I could have had an earlier flight.  Well, maybe if we were routed through Detroit - that flight started boarding through the next gate just a few minutes before we did...

Also a word of advice, if your cruise is out of South Florida, unless there are typically no direct flights from your departure airport, I STRONGLY recommend avoiding Miami International at all costs and fly into Fort Lauderdale instead. Its a short Uber ride to Miami and with the traffic out of Miami Airport it ends up taking the same amount of time just to get to the South Beach area. Beginning of this month we did the air deviation into Miami and the setup of the airport and check-in area (mainly departing to come home) was absolutely horrendous. Maybe I was just in there on a bad day but we had nothing positive to say about it. Learned the hard way.