Oosterdam 8099Feedback

alwaysonaship

I was in this cabin on either the Zuiderdam or Oosterdam (cannot remember which) about a year ago.  I loved the "bump out" area inside and angled balcony.  However, we did hear noise from above, which I thought was strange since the Lido dining area is carpeted, so I wne up and looked.  Sure enough, for some crazy reason, the bumped out area of the Lido dining has tile!

I still liked the cabin and would book again, but expect a bit of noise (not real bad though).

I booked a similar cabin on the Westerdam.    Cabin 8094.  Hope others can provide additional feedback.  We had a cabin like this  (Signature suite with bump out)  on the Eurodam yet i believe there were cabins above us;   not the Lido.  We heard no noise there and loved the layout and space of the cabin.  

On the Eurodam, the Signature Suites with the bump out are on decks 6 and 7, so indeed there are cabins above and below them.  On the Vista class ships, (Nordam, Westerdam, Zuiderdam and Oosterdam) the SY Signature bump out cabins are on deck 8, thus are right below the Lido dining area (the deck 6 Signature bump outs have cabins above and below them).

I do not know this for certain, but I have a feeling that the tile area on the Zuiderdam or Oosterdam on deck 9 was added after a ship "remodel".  Definately check this out if you plan on taking a deck 8 bump out and are concerned with all any noise.

4 minutes ago, alwaysonaship said:

I changed to an aft Neptune suite yesterday. Didn’t want to take a chance with noise above us. I am sure it was a nice cabin. Thank you for the feedback.

Did you get a deck 5 aft Neptune?  The balconies on the Vista class ships are awesome!

• Like 1

We were in 8092 on the Oosterdam a couple of weeks ago. Normally I do not book anything under the Lido deck, but it was a free upgrade to a Signature Suite. We did hear some noise, like tables being dragged, but it was only occasionally and wasn't bad enough that I regretted taking the upgrade. Would not hesitate to book there again.

1 hour ago, barb-ottawa said:

We were in 8092 on the Oosterdam a couple of weeks ago. Normally I do not book anything under the Lido deck, but it was a free upgrade to a Signature Suite. We did hear some noise, like tables being dragged, but it was only occasionally and wasn't bad enough that I regretted taking the upgrade. Would not hesitate to book there again.

I think 8092  is not one of the bump out cabins (8094 is) that I mentioned had tile above it in the Lido dining area floor.  But it is interesting that you still had some noise.  Again, I did not think that the noise was all that bad, but it may be more disturbing to some that others, so I mentioned it.