Fourth ship for Oceania?

mike35

I had the pleasure of attending an informative Oceania "rally" this evening, with CEO Joe Watters in attendance. During the post-presentation Q&A, I asked about the much-rumored "Fourth Ship". Joe responded that while Oceania is exploring a fourth ship, nothing has been finalized. Another guest asked if a fourth ship would be a clone of the existing three ships, or would it be larger; Joe indicated that if efforts to obtain another "R" ship were unsuccessful, the fourth ship could, in fact, be larger, but certainly not in the "megaship" category.

Just thought I would pass this "from the horse's mouth" info along.

Mike

Near the end of the Nautica's inaugural voyage in December, an announcement was made at a general meeting of the passengers that a fourth Oceania ship would make its inaugural cruise about July of 2007 and would be called the Marina. As far as I can remember, nothing was said about what ship would become the Marina.

Of course, circumstances could have changed since that time.

Near the end of the Nautica's inaugural voyage in December, an announcement was made at a general meeting of the passengers that a fourth Oceania ship would make its inaugural cruise about July of 2007 and would be called the Marina. As far as I can remember, nothing was said about what ship would become the Marina.

Of course, circumstances could have changed since that time.

You are correct - though if I remember correctly, they indicated that they had already acquired the fourth ship.

Archived