Spring Break

wdonnieb

We are sailing on the Sapphire on April 1. I am wondering, with no children and no idea about current day school timing, when spring break is and if it extends into our cruise on April 1 - 8? We have been on ships with and without a lot of kids on board and we found the latter to be so much more restful.

Thanks in advance for letting me know what you know!

Donnie

Easter is April 16. Most public schools in our area have spring break either the week prior or the week after Easter. Colleges and universities have a different schedule, either between quarters or trimesters or semesters, so it is hard to know the dates for them.

I would think you should be OK. Be aware that daylight savings time springs forward on April 2.

My friends in Washington have Spring Break that week for their daughter in high school. They are also cruising that week. I have sailed the first week in April a few times and there have always been plenty of kids on that sailing - though, I have never had problems with kids at that time on a ship.

Most colleges have spring break the last 3 weeks of March and most public schools have spring break first 3 weeks of April. If you don't want to cruise during spring break, stay away from March-April.

That pretty much sums it up!!!

That said, most of the kids are well-behaved. Princess also has youth security all over the ship at this time.

Most colleges have spring break the last 3 weeks of March and most public schools have spring break first 3 weeks of April. If you don't want to cruise during spring break, stay away from March-April.

Plus, there are schools that have a break in February around President's Day and I have friends that live in the NE whose kids have their break at the end of April. They don't end school until the end of June.

I would rule out anything from end of Feburary through the first of May.

Donnie:

We have a roll call for this cruise, so come and join us if you want!

Yes, this is definitely a spring break time for us. April is a big month for spring vacations, regardless of when Easter actually is. Easter has not that much to do with spring vacation for many schools here. I'm sure there will be quite a few kids on the ship, but doubt that will be a problem. As Coral said, from the middle of February to the end of April you will encounter school breaks. It starts with mid winter break and then the spring vacations start.

This being said, we were on the Grand Princess the week before Christmas and were told that around 740 kids (age 18 down) were on the ship. Yes, we saw many families, but everyone was very well behaved. If I hadn't known how many young people were on board, I never would have realized it.

We are looking forward to the cruise and know we will have a great time.

Hulagirl

Archived