Changing the "position" of names on a booking?

chloemonkey

At the very last minute....one of my daughters if thinking that she will NOT go on the cruse with the rest of us 13 family members due to final exams and her need to study,  The reservation that has HER name on it has a total of "three" people on it....and she is in position #2.  My husband is in position #1 in order to maximize CAS discounts and it was just the luck of the draw which of the two daughters booked in this room ended up in position #1 or position #2.

But now that daughter in position #2 is probalby NOT going to go on the trip - how do we go about switching daughter in position #3 to position #2?  And of course this is due to the fact that more of the perks were given to the person in position #2.......

We leave tomorrow ....so will probably just ask the Concierge to make the switch?  But wondering if this is a "big" deal or not.....as if I would have known that this daughter was NOT going to go - I would have made the switch a lot earlier!

It is likely too late to make the changes before you go (cards with perks on them are probably already printed), but I would call NCL anyways to make the change to see if they can send you something in writing to make switching things on the ship easier.

The concierge may be able to help you, but I would try to have something from corporate to make things easier. I'm not sure how often you cruise in suites, but if you are new to this, please note that the concierge is extremely busy on the first day so they may not be able to take care of this the first day. Depending on the vibe you get from the concierge, you may want to just go to guest services.

6 minutes ago, FLcruisergrl said:

I switched people to make the most of the beverage package. I called NCL. Not sure if the concierge can do it.

I wonder if this could be done on the ship. My husband doesn't drink, but we don't want to switch him to #3 on the cabin for insurance purposes (we travel with a friend in a 2-bedroom suite). We carry outside insurance because my husband is on a transplant list and if something would happen we wouldn't be able to go on the cruise, we'd want the insurance to cover the price we paid for him, not what we paid for our friend (which was nothing except for taxes and fees for this cruise).

We'd love to have our friend be able to have the beverage package. If anyone has had any luck changing this on the ship, let me know.

9 hours ago, brookie848 said:

I wonder if this could be done on the ship. My husband doesn't drink, but we don't want to switch him to #3 on the cabin for insurance purposes (we travel with a friend in a 2-bedroom suite). We carry outside insurance because my husband is on a transplant list and if something would happen we wouldn't be able to go on the cruise, we'd want the insurance to cover the price we paid for him, not what we paid for our friend (which was nothing except for taxes and fees for this cruise).

We'd love to have our friend be able to have the beverage package. If anyone has had any luck changing this on the ship, let me know.

Interesting situation.  I’d be surprised if you were able to get them to change the perks on the ship.  Remember too if they do swap, the specialty dining package will also go to friend.  If you really want your friend to get the perks instead of hubby, you could assess the situation just before the 48 hour cutoff and if it seems like a go, take the gamble and swap names then.  Maybe that is still too much of a gamble for a beverage package.

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

Interesting situation.  I’d be surprised if you were able to get them to change the perks on the ship.  Remember too if they do swap, the specialty dining package will also go to friend.  If you really want your friend to get the perks instead of hubby, you could assess the situation just before the 48 hour cutoff and if it seems like a go, take the gamble and swap names then.  Maybe that is still too much of a gamble for a beverage package.

If it could be done on the ship, we'd do it. But for the moderate amount of alcohol we drink, it's not worth the risk of dealing with insurance issues if we get a call from the hospital. The dining package isn't that big of a deal -- two of us have it, but we're all Platinum, so we have those meals as well.

51 minutes ago, brookie848 said:

If it could be done on the ship, we'd do it. But for the moderate amount of alcohol we drink, it's not worth the risk of dealing with insurance issues if we get a call from the hospital. The dining package isn't that big of a deal -- two of us have it, but we're all Platinum, so we have those meals as well.

Can’t hurt to ask on the ship if you have paid the gratuities on the package anyway.  As nice as the suite sounds, I hope he gets that call.

Edited by Starry Eyes

On 11/23/2019 at 10:03 PM, brookie848 said:

On our first time NCL trip, we were in the Haven also and didn't even realize the positions made a difference as we booked last minute after our RCCL trip was cancelled due to a hurricane. Neither myself or my mother drink and they did move my son to position #1. I kept position #2 to order virgin drinks.  In addition , they even transferred my dining perks to my younger son and his girlfriend.  They just re-keyed all of the cards.  We have since traveled again this past summer but we had everything in order this time as I had a year to plan.  Hopefully they will be just as accommodating for you.