Move over offer questions

Vexorg

5 minutes ago, phred119s said:

We got a move over offer in August to move to an inside room on our same sailing. The email went to my agency email and my personal email. It was a few days before sailing. 

We got a free upgrade this week for our upcoming cruise in June. I just happened to notice while looking at something else. No emails to my agency email or personal email. 

Nice! I think they refer to that as a move down offer if on the same sailing.  Glad to know it goes to both your TA as well as to your email.  

We always put the 'meta upgrade only' or 'no upgrade' on our booking so as not to be unpleasantly surprised without time to fix it.  I think that is why the guy from Princess called me to ask.  If we'd had an 'any upgrade', which is by default, on our booking, I wonder if we'd even have been notified ahead of time.  

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

Nice! I think they refer to that as a move down offer if on the same sailing.  Glad to know it goes to both your TA as well as to your email.  

We always put the 'meta upgrade only' or 'no upgrade' on our booking so as not to be unpleasantly surprised without time to fix it.  I think that is why the guy from Princess called me to ask.  If we'd had an 'any upgrade', which is by default, on our booking, I wonder if we'd even have been notified ahead of time.  

I thought that too. But it said move over. 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Yesterday I changed ours from any upgrade to meta. I’m debating about logging back in and marking it no upgrade. 

26 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We got that offer and felt like we won the lottery!!  It was my first offer, too.  

Living so close to the port, we are so flexible.  We were looking at the 3/22 sailing but are on an April 4th cruise ... so, too close.  I've already filled our travel schedule for the next two years.  My DH said ... stop looking!  hahaha 

Since the ship sold out so early, we were really hoping to get a move over offer. We are in the East Bay so it would not involve travel. I forgot to mention, I asked for an upgrade from a regular balcony to an premium aft balcony. That request was granted. The 5 day was for hubby’s birthday but he says this is a much better gift. No kidding. 🥰🥰🥰 It will be warmer weather and lighter later. Win, win, win. 

Cheers, Denise

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dchip said:

Since the ship sold out so early, we were really hoping to get a move over offer. We are in the East Bay so it would not involve travel. I forgot to mention, I asked for an upgrade from a regular balcony to an premium aft balcony. That request was granted. The 5 day was for hubby’s birthday but he says this is a much better gift. No kidding. 🥰🥰🥰 It will be warmer weather and lighter later. Win, win, win. 

Cheers, Denise

We are in the East Bay, too.... So yes, no brainer!  And ... this was a much better gift!  We were considering moving it to an Alaska sailing we already had planned but with air travel and no Glacier Bay. It was so worth not going on a cruise for the dates that coincided with my birthday.  Win win win .,, you are so right!  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phred119s said:

Yesterday I changed ours from any upgrade to meta. I’m debating about logging back in and marking it no upgrade. 

Just curious, are you able to do that online?  I've not seen where that is an option in the personalizer.  I think it would be great if it is in there.    

BTW, on this cruise I had booked, I booked one of those premium oceanview cabins.  I find that I have a more positive impression of the cleanliness about a ship in the OV cabins.  I love having a balcony but that blue matting that Princess uses really just grosses me out.  I call it the filth catcher.  I'm sure it reduces the scraping sounds of people moving their balcony furniture around but, couldn't they think of anything better than that?  Anyway, I was offered an upsell to a balcony for hundreds more than I could have purchased it for in the first place and declined.  I thought about it after that and changed my upgrade designation from 'meta upgrade only' to 'no upgrade'.  I just didn't like the looks of the balcony cabins that were available.  Give me a nice oceanview any day over a poorly located balcony (under the pool deck, over the theater, etc).  I think I'd actually rather take an inside over a cabin with 24/7 noise.  

16 hours ago, dchip said:

Cheers, Denise

Oh yes, BTW ....  I got a premium aft balcony as well.  I picked the one on the dolphin deck.  We are super jazzed.  Ours will be on the cooler side because we chose Alaska but to me, no better place to have a balcony cabin than up in Alaska. 

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

Just curious, are you able to do that online?  I've not seen where that is an option in the personalizer.  I think it would be great if it is in there.    

BTW, on this cruise I had booked, I booked one of those premium oceanview cabins.  I find that I have a more positive impression of the cleanliness about a ship in the OV cabins.  I love having a balcony but that blue matting that Princess uses really just grosses me out.  I call it the filth catcher.  I'm sure it reduces the scraping sounds of people moving their balcony furniture around but, couldn't they think of anything better than that?  Anyway, I was offered an upsell to a balcony for hundreds more than I could have purchased it for in the first place and declined.  I thought about it after that and changed my upgrade designation from 'meta upgrade only' to 'no upgrade'.  I just didn't like the looks of the balcony cabins that were available.  Give me a nice oceanview any day over a poorly located balcony (under the pool deck, over the theater, etc).  I think I'd actually rather take an inside over a cabin with 24/7 noise.  

The agent site has an option to change. 

The rest makes me giggle. It’s never bothered me. 😂