Edge - Dance Music & Live Bands

bandp407

DH & I are considering a Caribbean sailing on the Apex for March 2021. We are in our late 60's early 70's and enjoy a good party band and evening dancing. Have sailed on several of the  Soltice class ships a number of times . Over the years the bands went from  great to just OK and on our last two Equinox sailings they were quite good. The Grand Foyer & Sky Lounge drew a good crowd. There was lots of dancing. The ship was alive & everyone enjoyed themselves.  The question is there a dance floor similar to the Grand Foyer ( hopefully larger!) on the Edge/ Apex?  For those who have sailed on the Edge in the Caribbean can you provided any info on what we might expect. I know they have the Club. Does it have a party band or simply a DJ?  Does it draw a crowd in the evenings?  We are looking for more than a guitar player  or combo as often is in the Ensemble Lounge. We are on the fence on whether or not to spend the extra money for Apex and if it will offer what we are looking for. 

Many thanks for your input! BANDP407

Just off EDGE yesterday.  I will contribute to this thread  tom. Saves me  from duplicating...

There are many choices in music and bands.  Some great  dancing and dance couples..nice dance floor.,not huge..  Alas no classical guitar, Jimmy  Buffet guitar, reggae, harpist  or string quartet, but many other great choices on EDGE .  And NO long periods  without music.  EDGE is  alive at night and during the day as well!!!

2 minutes ago, hcat said:

Just off EDGE yesterday.  I will contribute to this thread  tom. Saves me  from duplicating...

There are many choices in music and bands.  Some great  dancing and dance couples..nice dance floor.,not huge..  Alas no classical guitar, Jimmy  Buffet guitar, reggae, harpist  or string quartet, but many other great choices on EDGE .  And NO long periods  without music.  EDGE is  alive at night and during the day as well!!!

Thank you for your input - just what I was looking for. Great you enjoyed & have such positive feedback. It's refreshing!

Shaun Brown Band was a favorite.  Great versatility.   All excellent musicians ...lead singer Shaun  is an amazing entertainer. Many of their songs quite good for dancing. Hope they make it big....beyond the Cruise ship venues!

20191118_161130.jpg

First pic..House band Impulse...very good but hard to hear in the Grand Plaza.,danceable

2nd pic.. Florencia...sweetest voice, nice guitar music...sev playlists.  Enjoyed!

To be continued..

20191116_171215.jpg

20191117_130646.jpg

Edited by hcat

Yes. Variety and quality,

Anothr group was those crazy kids...saw them at our indoor  sailaway in EDEN..tough to gear in the Grand Plaza but they played there too.

There was a Big band night in the Club..EDGE has a great band that performs and  backs up the show headliners..  Nice to have so much  live music.

The 2 DJs were also very good..at poolside, in the Club, Grand Plaza....

Nice spa music tape in the Solarium....

There is sometimes an annoying tape played around the ship but easy to tune it out!

Hope you have fun finding what you enjoy..Hope others will add to this thread,  Thanks for starting it!

Hcat - Thank you so very much for all of the music detail. This is really great to hear & exactly what we were hoping for. Such a different vibe when the music is good and people are out dancing or simply listening & having a great time! For a while Celebrity had gone in a totally other direction & we did stay away for several cruises simply for that reason.  We are going to book the Apex for March of 2021 in an SV cabin & hope Celebrity keeps bringing onthe  great bands!!  Funny, I glanced  your post on your most recent  Edge sailing re the SV cabin you were in. We are sailing on Symphony of the Seas this Saturday so I need to stop thinking about 2021 & get ready for this cruise!  However I am going to jump on that for a few quick questions about the SV cabins. Many thanks again!

Happy Thanksgiving !

Paula