WIFI calling and the Brerakaway

bjlaac

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Streaming (I.e., Wi-Fi calling) is not allowed with the 250 min package. You need the premium unlimited. Wi-Fi calling usually works fine. 

Thanks so much for your quick reply. 

Just got off the Dawn a few weeks ago and their 250 "free" package was completely useless.  It took an average of 8 to 10 minutes to load a page when the "system" wasn't down and literally we could only send 8 or 9 emails on a 14 day cruise exhausting all of our "free" minutes.

Just looking for another way to use this "perk", should have known you have to pay the nickle and dime king for anything to work.

If anyone's wondering, yes we did talk to the internet manager and hotel customer service and the answer was basically, too bad, this is not you home internet service.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I was on the Breakaway in October and had no problem using FaceTime with the internet package.  It did interact oddly with some applications.  For example, Amazon Music refused to acknowledge there was an internet connection.  This was only the perk package, not the upgraded version.  We were in a balcony room - I'm not sure if that had anything to do with the connection level.