Questions re toilet facilities on shore excursions

Hi, 

My partner and I are booked on to the Anthem of the Seas in January for an 11 night Caribbean cruise. Turns out it's my time of the month smack bang when we reach our ports. We have excursions booked in most ports and some are water based, some all day, some half day etc. They are all booked through Royal Caribbean. What should I expect in terms of toilet facilities while on the excursion? Will there be adequate breaks and facilities to use? 

It's worrying me a bit that I will be caught without facilities to use. 😟

Unfortunately the availability of toilet facilities varies greatly and it’s not something that you can absolutely count on.  Some tour operators plan periodic stops, which is considerate, but others don’t seem to take into account that sometimes people just need to “go.”  I hope your tours turn out to have the facilities you need.  I would suggest mentioning to the tour guide that periodic stops would be appreciated.

Edited by nwcruiselover

As said above it is highly variable,  but I have found they try to have a stop at minimum every two hours.  In the event of an extreme emergency a tour operator can make an impromptu stop.  Some buses have bathrooms as well.  I have found the more sedate and accessible the tour (I.e. city tours primarily on buses) the more likely they are to be very cognizant of bathroom breaks.  Likely as many of the senior population tends to be on diuretics and need to stop more regularly.  I am also highly attune to the “potty” situation as I have an 8 and 4 year old and they can’t wait.  When they need to go,  they need to go NOW.

13 hours ago, HazzaGrazza said:

Thanks everyone. It sounds like it may be a bit hit and miss. We're booked on to the below;

Great Bay Beach - St Maarten

Stingray & Kayak Adventure - Antigua

La soufriere Volcano - St Lucia

4 x 4 Island Safari & Beach - St Kitts

Head over to the "Caribbean" section of the website under Ports of Call and go to the individual islands.

image.png.5083ebf3439cc521e3ca2d967074da47.png

You'll need to specify if these are excursions with independent operators or solely through RCL.

If they're through independent operators you'll get a larger audience that may have the answers to your questions.