kids package

Akheila

I swear I tried a search and found nothing.....

Under the beverage package section in my cruise planner there's a listing for kids package.  But ZERO details on what is included....anyone have any details?  Its more than the soda package, less than the premium non alcoholic package.

Also a follow on question, the premium non alcoholic package does that include the smoothies everywhere on the ship?  are there exclusions?  

Thanks

There’s no “Kid’s Package” per se, but a soft drinks package for $9 per day.  There is a classic non-alcohol package for $18 per night that includes premium coffees, teas, juices and regular bottled water and Coke products.

Edited by kitty9

That's what I thought as well, but its clearly listed as

"kids package" $19 per day

there is also the soda package, $12 per day

and the classic $24 per day

& premium non alcoholic packages $30 per day

and water $29 per day

prices of course seem high as they are all in Canadian funds

The kids package is available on my Reflection sailing for Dec 2020.  It’s $15.  The classic non alcoholic is $18 and the soda package is $9.  I don’t know what you get for $6 more in the kids package over the soda package.

Edited by CharmCity2000
  • Like 1

As long as an adult has the package and is with the child then the servers are generally very nice about just using the adults package to fulfill the child’s drink order. One of our kids was only asked for their own card once — and that was in a rather awkward attempt to upsell us (as the parents) to add the soda package to the kids account (early on in the cruise). 

11 minutes ago, paighdrow said:

As long as an adult has the package and is with the child then the servers are generally very nice about just using the adults package to fulfill the child’s drink order. One of our kids was only asked for their own card once — and that was in a rather awkward attempt to upsell us (as the parents) to add the soda package to the kids account (early on in the cruise). 

My kids are very rarely with me on the ship.  I want them to be able to enjoy a soda if they want one without having to come find me.

BTW--I called Celebrity to ask what the Kids Package entailed.  The rep said she had no information and to call back during the week when they would be able to find out more information.

Hey folks— just sharing our experience on our most recent Edge cruising (which ended about 3 hrs ago). This is also in line with what we have experienced on countless Royal cruises. 

But Charm’s point is good: if you are not accompanying your child then it would make sense to buy them the package — especially if they will get good use out of it. 

Interesting. The Kid's Package just showed up in my cruise planner too. I'll be interested to find out what it includes. We are on Edge for Christmas.

I cruised twice on Equinox this summer with my teen son. Once he had the premium non-alcoholic package, and the other he had no package. Both cruises, I had the premium package.

With the premium non-alcoholic package, yes, smoothies and frozen drinks were included everywhere. He never had a problem getting whatever he wanted. However, we didn't think he got $22/day value from it and he found himself drinking more soda than usual to get his money's worth, so he skipped it the next cruise.

With no package, it seemed to be at the server's discretion. His card was always offered, but more often that not, it was not taken if he ordered a Shirley Temple or soda, but was taken for a frozen drink or one of the "Signature" non-alcoholic drinks in various bars. In the dining room, he was always served a soft drink and was never charged.

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 2.19.11 PM.png

Edited by cyntil8ing

The Kids Package showed up on our Christmas week Summit sailing as well.  I wish there was a description online!  I was just going to pay out-of-pocket for my son who will only drink about one soda plus either a hot chocolate or non-alcoholic smoothie per day, but if this is in line with the premium non-alcoholic package, it may be a good deal!  I'll keep checking back for a description.

We just got off of infinity today.  It was 15 per day for the kids package.  They said they only offer it on sailings with more than 200 kids. She was supposed to get some sort of kids mixing class and a toy.  Neither happened.  That said, we had premium and could always order a soda for her and they never asked for her card.  Probably a waste of money.....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rosskeys88 said:

We just got off of infinity today.  It was 15 per day for the kids package.  They said they only offer it on sailings with more than 200 kids. She was supposed to get some sort of kids mixing class and a toy.  Neither happened.  That said, we had premium and could always order a soda for her and they never asked for her card.  Probably a waste of money.....

Thanks for the feedback!  I was thinking of purchasing it for my son, but I, too, think it's probably not worth it.  We also have the premium package and can upgrade to Drinks and More at a minimal cost to stock our mini-fridge and have it refreshed daily (we are in a Celebrity Suite).  That would be plenty of soda and bottled water for him right there.  I'll just pay out-of-pocket if he wants a hot chocolate or frozen drink.

Here is the response I got from my tweet to @celebritycruises:

Hi Cindy, the kid's beverage package is something new that we're offering on Caribbean cruises. Hopefully more info is now available on the Cruise planner but the package is for kids/teens ages 3 to 20. Drinks are Smoothies (Caribbean Cooler & Coco Blue), juices, bottled water and fountain sodas. It also includes: a souvenir cup and a toy and a mocktail mixology class. Best wishes for a wonderful cruise. We hope you enjoy celebrating the holiday at sea.

• Like 2