Princess Grill Perks

Neuhoftraveler

10 hours ago, wolfie789 said:

Completely the same for us - it is the main reason we book QG. The larger cabin and other perks are nice-to-haves, but it is the food and off-menu ordering in particular which are the main reason we pay the premium. 

Just shows everyone's different. For us its the larger cabin is the must have. Find the QG food's good but not outstanding even with off menu ordering  and presumably best on the ship. However if it was in a hotel on land we wouldn't be hurrying back not a top gastronomic experience.  However there are many other delights of a cruise to make it a vacation worth repeating

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

Just shows everyone's different. For us its the larger cabin is the must have. Find the QG food's good but not outstanding even with off menu ordering  and presumably best on the ship. However if it was in a hotel on land we wouldn't be hurrying back not a top gastronomic experience.  However there are many other delights of a cruise to make it a vacation worth repeating

Crikey. Must be about what you order then as I find the QG food notches above good.

Either that or I'm very easily pleased! 

No matter, with 100s of nights in QG under our belts, loads of Covid cancelled cruises but loads booked we're pretty happy with the food and won't be jumping ship any time soon. 

Edited by Victoria2

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

...For us its the larger cabin is the must have. Find the QG food's good but not outstanding even with off menu ordering  and presumably best on the ship. However if it was in a hotel on land we wouldn't be hurrying back not a top gastronomic experience.  However there are many other delights of a cruise to make it a vacation worth repeating

Agree with everything @Windsurfboy said. The large cabin is the main draw.  The food is fine, but not the main attraction of QM2.  The thing for me about ordering off menu, is that it makes me actively have to think about what I might desire or want, versus more passively being tempted and delighted by what is on offer.  I have to plan meals at home, so on vacation, I want to "check-out" and not have to think: "what among all the possible dishes in the world, shall I have tonight?".   Ah the very delightful first world problems of Queen Grill dining!

And also as @Windsurfboy points out, there are *so* many delights on a QM TA so as to make it addictive. During the whole pandemic, it's the travel experience I (literally) dream about the most.   

• Like 1