Viking Normandy question...

SfromATX

We will be on the Viking "Paris to Normandy" cruise this coming summer. I know we'll spend time at Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery (if we choose the "American" version of the tour).  My husband's father landed on D-Day at Utah Beach which is about 30 miles west of Omaha Beach, 40 minutes by car according to Google Maps. I'm wondering if anyone who may have done this tour before can offer a suggestion about how we could, at our own expense, make a quick trip over to Utah Beach.  We have been to Omaha Beach and the Cemetery once before so we're not as concerned about shortening our time there.  What do y'all think?

Easy:  private tour.  We did the VR Paris to Normandy a few years ago and were disappointed in their battlefield tour.  We went to France this past March and did a private tour with Dale Booth Tours.  Went to Utah Beach among all the major sites.  It was an amazing experience.  He may already fully booked for this summer, but contact him anyway.  But there are lots of other options.  Just look on Trip Advisor and you’ll find lots of options.

Good luck!

IMO attempting to coordinate a Utah Beach visit in conjunction with the Viking tour to Omaha Beach would be difficult. OTOH in lieu of doing the Viking Omaha tour, a day round trip from Rouen to Utah should be relatively easy either with a private tour or DIY with a rental car

I always suggest anyone taking this cruise to go in early and stay in someplace charming like Honfleur and do all the beaches and museums on their own....the buss rides are too long, 1 day is  not enough time .  We used Overlord and designed the tour the way WE wanted it......We are going back and using them again.