Self Disembarkation on Seaside

puglady12

Hi.  I am scheduled on the March 7 cruise on Seaside.  I originally had a 1:45 flight the day we get off the ship and I have taken this flight before on other cruises.

American Airlines just changed it to noon.  If I remember correctly, we can just keep our luggage and walk off at any time?

Last time we did not do that and spend an hour searching the luggage area for our bags!!

Thoughts?

3 minutes ago, puglady12 said:

Hi.  I am scheduled on the March 7 cruise on Seaside.  I originally had a 1:45 flight the day we get off the ship and I have taken this flight before on other cruises.

American Airlines just changed it to noon.  If I remember correctly, we can just keep our luggage and walk off at any time?

Last time we did not do that and spend an hour searching the luggage area for our bags!!

Thoughts?

Are you YC by chance?  All three we've been MSC in Miami have been walk off despite butler on last trip urging otherwise.  I hear you on luggage although it is grouped by color zone.

Walk off on your own should be fairly quick and noon not a problem.  We've spent longer time trying to meet ride due to terminal at port being a mess.  Ride to airport no traffic maybe 20 minutes.

AA always changing flights like this far out and would not be surprised if they change again.  We sail March 22 on Mera and hadn't made flights and just this week both legs drastically changed.  Glad we hadn't booked so doing two different airlines.  AA on my list to not use anymore due to price and points gouging.  

We walked off Seaside YC a few weeks ago without luggage and easily found ours in the YC designated area.  Early walk off I believe RED color tag had their luggage waiting for them also.  Don't want to risk it then getting off with luggage is still not a big deal.  ENJOY!!!