Checked Luggage

PammyJeanB

I've booked an air/cruise package, and am unsure when or if I need to pick up my checked luggage when we arrive in Ft. Lauderdale.

I've been advised that when I fly out I'll just need to check my luggage and it'll go straight to Fl., but - will it be immediately transferred to the ship or do I need to pick it up at the baggage claims and then hand it over personally???

First time cruiser here and I have the great fear of screwing up!:o

Pam

You will need to claim your luggage in the baggage area, then look for cruise personel (clipboards and polo shirts have cruiseline logos on them), get checked in with them and they will handle your transfer.

I know you already have the transfers, but if the airport is a zoo when you get there, its a LOT faster to just claim your luggage and grab a taxi to the port. 5 minutes and $10 or so and you will be at the ship. Keep this in mind if your cruise transfer is taking a long time to get organized or too long to fill the bus, etc.

If you haven't made final payment yet, I'd cancel the transfer and just take a cab. Not worth the $$ for the ship transfer at Ft. Lauderdale, it'll be much faster and cheaper to grab a cab. Also, don't put your cruise tags on until you pick up your bags from baggage claim, the airlines might rip them off and you'll have to fill out new ones at the pier.

Archived