Disembarkation with late flught

Goaty

Has anyone experienced a late flight on disembarkation day? I’m on a cruise in February and the flight home isn’t until 8.25 pm. Do Tui make any arrangements for passengers? Are you expected to leave the ship at the usual time I.e. around 9 am and carry your luggage about all day? I hope they take it for you! What do you do for the day? I did read an old posting about staying longer on the ship. Has anyone done this? Thanks for any information. On Explorer by the way and haven’t cruised with Tui for a number of years. 

You have full use of the ships facilities including the AI until your transfer coach arrives you do however have to vacate your cabin early unless you pay to keep it, they do have a communal cabin which you can use to shower etc. Sometimes they do a tour and drop you of at the airport. 👌

Just to add to the above in case you've forgotten from your previous cruise your hold suitcases have to be left outside your cabin the night before departure which is then collected by the crew and if not bonded will have to be picked up from the portside before you get on your transfer coach

• 2 weeks later...

Was on Celebration last week and had exactly this scenario. Got to Barbados around 0800 but flight wasn’t until 1820. As mentioned above, the checked cases were left outside the cabin before bed, all labelled up, and we didn’t see them again until we got back to the UK.

We had to vacate our cabin by 0900 (initially told 0800 but corrected the day before) and used the secure carry-on baggage storage onboard. We then went into Bridgetown and spent the day on Carlisle Bay beach. We showered at the beach but got changed into our travel clothes when we got back onboard. We were able to have breakfast before we went out for the day as well as eating from the buffet before we finally departed. Others on our flight told us they spent the day relaxing onboard and had 100% use of all the AI facilities.

As this was part of a TUI/Marella package it was very well organised. The transfer coaches were outside right on time. As there were 3 different arrival airports in the UK, there were 3 different times for coach transfers, which seemed to work really well.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise.

On 12/24/2019 at 1:28 AM, Andy W said:

I kept my existing cabin on the celebration last week for an extra £35 so didnt have to be out for 8.00 am

Hi Andy we are going soon on Exp2 to Barbados and we also have a late evening flight.  

Can you please advise how you kept your cabin later?  Does everyone have the option or just a select few?  Is this something  that can be arranged before the cruise starts?

Sorry for all the questions but its our first Caribbean cruise, and we have not used Thomson for a few years as Celebrity had more enticing itineraries. 

You can request a day cabin when on board. They usually try to accomodate you, after all they do charge. Sometimes you can keep your own cabin but sometimes you have to move to another one depending on a availability.  We've found it very useful and definitely worth it for an evening flight.