On rewind... Solo on Encore for Thanksgiving

CazV

3 hours ago, go fish 44 said:

wow, loved your review and all the wonderful pictures.

We will be in Miami in Jan (in 2 weeks). and looking to visit some of the places you mentioned.

Our cruise is a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Thank you. Miami is definitely a fun place to explore. I hope you have a great time! 🙂

Glad you are going back on the Encore. We did it the first two weeks out of Miami and will be glad to get back when time permits. Already have three long cruises booked on other NCL ships so need to wait. I really enjoyed the Choir of Man. Saw it six times my wife only twice. She likes quiet time more than I do. We did an overnight in Scotland last year  on a British Isle cruise. I do need to get my oldest grandson on the Encore. On the British Isle cruise last year he had his first beer in a 200 year old pub in Dublin so I know he will really like the Choir of Man.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, swmichigan cruiser said:

Glad you are going back on the Encore. We did it the first two weeks out of Miami and will be glad to get back when time permits. Already have three long cruises booked on other NCL ships so need to wait. I really enjoyed the Choir of Man. Saw it six times my wife only twice. She likes quiet time more than I do. We did an overnight in Scotland last year  on a British Isle cruise. I do need to get my oldest grandson on the Encore. On the British Isle cruise last year he had his first beer in a 200 year old pub in Dublin so I know he will really like the Choir of Man.

I'm not sure if we met on board? I met so many people that week lol 

I hope you get to have that cruise with your Grandson back on Encore to see Choir of Man with him. 🙂 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

Really enjoyed your review.  Going solo on the Encore 2 weeks before you come back...sorry we aren't on the same cruise as I would have loved to meet you.  Have another great time!

Ah that's a shame our dates are different. I hope you have a great time 🙂 

2 hours ago, CazV said:

I'm not sure if we met on board? I met so many people that week lol 

I hope you get to have that cruise with your Grandson back on Encore to see Choir of Man with him. 🙂 

Not sure if we met or not either. Should be same cast for the show when you get back on the ship. Good guys I got to talk to some of them a few times the second week. I got to watch about five of them sing solo's in the Observation lounge with WT Greer  the piano player and also saw two of them sing  in Q . I am sure the grandson will get to see the show eventually. Thanks

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Newly Retired Teachers said:

Lovely review!  We are booked in May and looking forward to seeing the ship in person.  Thanks for building the excitement level.  🛳 

Great!! So you are coming here!! Will talk to you about it next month 😎

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 11:49 AM, CazV said:

And then it was time to say adios Miami... until next time! 

And I'm actually returning way sooner than I thought I would be! lol I've been enjoying reminiscing so much about this cruise that I've decided to do it all again! I'll be back on Encore on 8th March. 🙂 

IMG_20191202_220949.jpg

Omg I was literally going to post how bummed I was that you wouldn’t be on our sailing and how I am so glad that there are cruisers that enjoy things like drag brunches (this is our first cruise ever and tbh I was expecting a lot of old people and a lot of little kids haha) but then I saw you’re sailing March 8th!!!  So I hope we get to meet at one of the meetups. We are not springing for vibe tho haha, I think this ship might be a bit on the lighter side judging from the vast availability still on ncl’s website. Anyway hope we can grab a shot o clock on our sailing!! 😆😆😆🍻🍻🍻

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SunnyTahitianDaze said:

Omg I was literally going to post how bummed I was that you wouldn’t be on our sailing and how I am so glad that there are cruisers that enjoy things like drag brunches (this is our first cruise ever and tbh I was expecting a lot of old people and a lot of little kids haha) but then I saw you’re sailing March 8th!!!  So I hope we get to meet at one of the meetups. We are not springing for vibe tho haha, I think this ship might be a bit on the lighter side judging from the vast availability still on ncl’s website. Anyway hope we can grab a shot o clock on our sailing!! 😆😆😆🍻🍻🍻

Hiya! Come join our roll call! I'm organising a Meet & Greet, so I hope you'll come! 😎
https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2716066-ncl-encore-march-8-15-2020/page/3/#comments

The solo studios have been sold out for ages, but I'm watching for price drops in case a balcony cabin comes within reach of my budget... if it does then Vibe will not be happening for me either lol I know the very man who will do us a shot o'clock elsewhere on the ship though so that can definitely be arranged 😉 

You picked an awesome ship for your first cruise! 🙂 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CazV said:

The solo studios have been sold out for ages, but I'm watching for price drops in case a balcony cabin comes within reach of my budget.

Hey Caz, how would that work then? I'm new to cruising NCL - if you saw a balcony come within reach, would you then cancel your current, even though you're ostensibly paid in full? 

41 minutes ago, Cheesegirl23 said:

Hey Caz, how would that work then? I'm new to cruising NCL - if you saw a balcony come within reach, would you then cancel your current, even though you're ostensibly paid in full? 

Pay the extra to upgrade... I've been told this is possible... I've never done it though, and I suspect our UK T&Cs might prevent it... it's nice to dream though haha  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CazV said:

The solo studios have been sold out for ages, but I'm watching for price drops in case a balcony cabin comes within reach of my budget... if it does then Vibe will not be happening for me either lol I know the very man who will do us a shot o'clock elsewhere on the ship though so that can definitely be arranged 😉 

Howdy!  And I am in for a shot o clock for surrrrrrre.  Anyway I wanted to ask you, since you seem to be a seasoned cruiser, do you think the prices are going to drop in this sailing?  We haven't booked our actual room yet (I have a balcony on a courtesy hold until tomorrow pm) but we have our flight etc so we are for sure going haha.  Lmk what you think!

6 hours ago, SunnyTahitianDaze said:

Howdy!  And I am in for a shot o clock for surrrrrrre.  Anyway I wanted to ask you, since you seem to be a seasoned cruiser, do you think the prices are going to drop in this sailing?  We haven't booked our actual room yet (I have a balcony on a courtesy hold until tomorrow pm) but we have our flight etc so we are for sure going haha.  Lmk what you think!

I'm not really a seasoned cruiser by the standards of many on here, and being from the UK I have never booked last minute. I've read that March is a popular month due to Spring Break and it's a less likely month for price drops. I've kept an eye on the balcony price for the last 6 weeks and they've stayed pretty consistent. 

On 2/5/2020 at 5:41 AM, CazV said:

I'm not really a seasoned cruiser by the standards of many on here, and being from the UK I have never booked last minute. I've read that March is a popular month due to Spring Break and it's a less likely month for price drops. I've kept an eye on the balcony price for the last 6 weeks and they've stayed pretty consistent. 

Hey girl I just want to let you know the balcony prices dropped just a tad AND I checked travelocity/expedia and expedia was doing a 200 dollar OBC...BUT I also checked Delta Skymiles Cruises (I don't think you need to be a skymiles member to book) and we got all the free at sea deals, 9000 bonus miles (~a 90 dollar value but I fly w Delta a lot so I'll take it) AND FREE GRATUITIES which actually comes out ~10 bucks ahead of the Expedia deal.  Plus the miles as a bonus.  So I just wanted to let you know that.  I just booked like 2 hours ago and everything is all set up on the NCL app.  So excited!!!  See ya at sea!!!!  😛

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SunnyTahitianDaze said:

So excited!!!  See ya at sea!!!!  

😛

Yay! Glad you got booked... See you on board 😎 Four weeks from now I'll be en route to Miami 😁

• Like 1