Explorer Suite 784

DaisyUK

So two years have gone by for this post...We are so excited to have nabbed this cabin (784) for a TA  Miami to Rome later this month. Thank you Snore42 for the great photos so we know what to expect. We have never booked this higher end suite before, looking forward to be spoiled.  And having somebody cook an clean for us for the first time in two plus years! 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 3/1/2022 at 3:12 AM, Buglady777 said:

So two years have gone by for this post...We are so excited to have nabbed this cabin (784) for a TA  Miami to Rome later this month. Thank you Snore42 for the great photos so we know what to expect. We have never booked this higher end suite before, looking forward to be spoiled.  And having somebody cook an clean for us for the first time in two plus years! 

Another year has passed and we are due to sail in this cabin at the end of May. I too have been looking for videos or photos, so was pleased to find this thread. 

I will definitely post a video on YouTube when we get back. 

can anyone who has sailed in a GS tell me if we will be contacted in advance of our sailing or is it simply the preference sheet that I have already completed online? 

can’t wait. 

3 minutes ago, Ehg said:

Another year has passed and we are due to sail in this cabin at the end of May. I too have been looking for videos or photos, so was pleased to find this thread. 

can anyone who has sailed in a GS tell me if we will be contacted in advance of our sailing or is it simply the preference sheet that I have already completed online? 

can’t wait. 

To clarify, we’re actually on Splendor, not Explorer, but I think they are exactly the same? 😊

1 hour ago, Ehg said:

From our experience, you will not be contacted by Regent in advance.  In the past we have submitted some advance requests to Regent through our TA, but that has been kind of hit or miss.  I believe any special requests like that have to be submitted at least 60 days before the cruise.  We have found that letting your Butler know exactly what you want after you get onboard works the best.  They take care of everything without any problems.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ehg said:

can’t wait. 

We enjoyed Explorer suite 784 last year. Huge deck with different areas to sit, so you could be in or out of the sun. And it does look like Splendor 784 is the same layout, probably with different furniture and art, as it is a newer ship.  We will be in a suite on deck 12 on the Splendor next year at this time. The only negative I  would point out was a LOT of vibration when pulling into docks. They may have corrected that on the Splendor. But vibration otherwise was only slight at times in high seas, and we had some doozy seas at one point.  Also, when sitting at the very back deck, we could not see the ocean, only the sky, due to the solid railing. Most ships have open view railing aft, but not RSS.  The side was open, as you can see on the original photos.  We visited people with forward grand suites, and liked their deck views better...but a lot more wind!  We can't remember if RSS  contacted us ahead of time for our grand suite setup, but we called in our requests ahead of our cruise.  We didn't fill out the butler request form for some reason. We are still in awe over our time on that sailing.  Loved the nightly canapes that you could customize every day.  Our butler was awesome.  And we had a standing reservation daily for specialty dining if we let our butler know before noon that day.  Restaurants were fabulous, never had such good food.  Enjoy!

31 minutes ago, Eno-Bob said:

From our experience, you will not be contacted by Regent in advance.  In the past we have submitted some advance requests to Regent through our TA, but that has been kind of hit or miss.  I believe any special requests like that have to be submitted at least 60 days before the cruise.  We have found that letting your Butler know exactly what you want after you get onboard works the best.  They take care of everything without any problems.

Agreed. We changed our minds on pillows, sodas, etc, once on board, and the butler had it handled in less than an hour.  We liked that the butler sat us down the first day and explained all that he could do for us, a big help, as it was our first grand suite.  

4 hours ago, Buglady777 said:

Agreed. We changed our minds on pillows, sodas, etc, once on board, and the butler had it handled in less than an hour.  We liked that the butler sat us down the first day and explained all that he could do for us, a big help, as it was our first grand suite.  

Thank you all for the replies. This is very exciting. We have had aft suites on many ships and so expect the docking vibrations. No problem. 

We switched from 1201 to the aft exactly because we were concerned about wind and potentially not having access to the balcony while sailing. Plus love the larger balcony (appreciate the forward suites have a very large balcony too) and knowing we can use the whole time. 

We aren’t high maintenance so the form we have submitted will be fine, I was more wondering whether they arrange embarkation times etc. Celebrity contact prior for alcohol and any special requests, Princess Sky suites contact prior for the same plus embarkation information, so I was curious if Regent did too. 

We are so looking forward to our first Regent cruise. 😬

On 4/8/2023 at 9:35 AM, Eno-Bob said:

Correct... we've been in 784 before and all we did was fill out the butler form. When getting to the cabin, nothing had been done...Butler claimed he had never seen the form (but then he claimed a lot of other things during the trip). But between him and cabin steward, things were done quickly. Cabin attendants were fantastic and made up for lack of "enthusiasm" of butler 🙂  Not a big deal, but unusual considering the standard.