Sailing from New Jersey

What is the sticky stuff? Are we parked under tress that drop leaves/sap? Did it come off?

Thanks

They determined it was paint spray. I think they have stopped the company form spraying when it is windy. If you do a search you will bring up the whole story.

Two hours, including pulling into the port area. But we did it at an "off" time, not rush hour. I found it VERY easy.

Even during rush hour coming from PA shouldn't be a problem. Because you don't drive through the tunnels and NY City. The biggest back up is probably going to be paying the toll on the NJ Turnipke--unless you have an E-Z pass and then you should have no line. Take route 78 if possible straight through and you get on the NJ Turnpike by Newark Airport---I forget whether the exit is 14 A or B but there is a sign that says Bayonne Cruise terminal and signs to follow right to the Dock...its an easy drive---it can be more difficult if you have to drive through NY City. I' ve done it many times(when the bayonne pier was the location of federal records)...

This sure sounds nice and simple and apparently people love the convenience. I drove my brother and his family into Bayonne last summer for the 9 day Voyager cruise and thought to myself how sweet it was.....one hour DRIVE to pier, porter takes your luggage and you are on your way. I would hope someday that the ships from NJ/NY can pick up their speed to make 7 day Caribbean cruises with interesting ports not like NCL (Dawn) with Orlando and Miami stops.:rolleyes:

This sure sounds nice and simple and apparently people love the convenience. I drove my brother and his family into Bayonne last summer for the 9 day Voyager cruise and thought to myself how sweet it was.....one hour DRIVE to pier, porter takes your luggage and you are on your way. I would hope someday that the ships from NJ/NY can pick up their speed to make 7 day Caribbean cruises with interesting ports not like NCL (Dawn) with Orlando and Miami stops.:rolleyes:

The Dawn has stopped that cruise and is now doing 10/11 day cruises without Miami and Orlando(actually Port Canaveral) to the Carribean. The Spirit has taken oven the old Dawn route. These cruises are wildly popular with families and have been doing very well. Both of these ships have high top speeds and can make long runs relatively quickly. HAL is bring a ship in as is at least one other cruise line. I agree with you that ONCE is more than enough for the Miami/Port C iternary. Obviously NCL was listening and has made drastic changes...and yes I like freestyle but any cruise line is ok with me as long as I am on it...

1. It's not a long trip.

2. It's still there. The ship is docked at the end of the pier. The terminal building is by the parking lot. The dock is an old industrial pier - too dangerous, ugly and dirty to walk.

The shuttle bus is quick and painless.

You're right -- the shuttle was not a long trip. But it would have been a long walk without the shuttle.

Cruisin motherhen, We are on the same cruise. Frank & Anna with DD Megan (will be 4)

This will be are 3rd cruise. Flew to Miami for 1st. Flew in a day early and stayed an extra day just to avoid an all day travel from home to plane to ship. Megan was 17 months at the time. Last year was SOOO much easier. A 1 hour ride to port and on the ship within 30 mins.

We have used the RCCL bus transportation to Bayonne, three times so far. They have charged us at the time of booking, but as the cruise gets closer and the bus fills up they have always cancled the charge and refunded our money. I always check a month or two before the sailing, and if they don't you can cancel and go with Greyhound, but we have been lucky so far.

Why don't they charge you? I can see charging less but they really give you free trasnportaion? Please explain. I know they have run busses out of my area but I haven't looked into it.

Thank you

Jamie

Leaving in June on a 9 day out of Bayonne,=. Glad to hear that parking is easy. I aminterested to know if you can see the Statue of Liberty when he ship leaves the port.? :confused:

Yes, but the best part is sailing under the Verrazzano Narrows Bridge - there's only about a 21 foot clearance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived