NCL & Android

bones774

hi,

whenever I try to use the filter on the NCL website with my Android it does not go to the final stage of filter process. Does anyone else get same result?

while on this NCL topic, has anyone found a way to stop the annoying pop up screen when using a regular laptop?

thanks

I assume your laptop is a Windows 10 OS variety, not an older variant ...

As such, I use both Firefox & Chrome as browsers of choice, only rarely use Edge (that largely replaced IE) - with 2 extensions installed to the browser: "Disconnect" and "AdBlock Plus".  Between these two, you can blacklist and/or whitelist frequently visited websites, including NCL to stop and block their ads & pop-ups ... works for me year-round.  Give it a try and see.

With Android, are you referring to using it on a smartphone or tablet - NCL's site isn't really optimized for mobile use/experience ... I use it sometimes mainly for a quick lookup, but would never bother to do a mock booking, too slow on a touchscreen and without a mouse to point-n-click.  Instead of using the stock or Chrome mobile browser, install & use Opera or Opera Mini as a browser (free, on Play Store) as those are easier to "navigate" online sites ... sometimes (i.e. with our Amazon Fire HD 8 tablet, customized & tweaked to run most Android apps.) 

• Like 1

If the filter (or any other process) isn't completing on your Android device, it's likely because the site software is trying to do something (like a pop up or other screen write) that isn't supported or is blocked on your browser. You can try other Android browsers, but as mentioned above, the NCL site is not well optimized for mobile browsers. 

As for pop ups on your laptop, there's little you can do to block it if you want the site to work well. You can instruct any brower not to open pop ups on any site, but then depending on how the site is designed, you risk making the site much less usable.  These instructions will tell you how to block pop ups globally in Chrome, but then you may find you'll have to go back in on certain sites and allow them, or you'll face the same situation your seem to have on your Android browser.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/stop-pop-ups-chrome

30 minutes ago, bones774 said:

thanks. I'll have to take it step by step but I'll try

and yes, I'm talking my mobile phone 

I use Chrome on my mobile devices and will change how the browser interacts with the site by using the "Desktop site" when things look a little weird.  

Go to the upper right of browser, click on the 3 vertical dots, scroll down and click the "Desktop site" box.