Dining on the Gem Question

Moomduck1

Hello,

I was looking at the various dining options on the Gem. O'Sheehans says "not available to book" and Sushi says "reservations not offered". They sort of mean the same thing, but I'm assuming it means something different. Thank you.

7 minutes ago, Moomduck1 said:

Hello,

I was looking at the various dining options on the Gem. O'Sheehans says "not available to book" and Sushi says "reservations not offered". They sort of mean the same thing, but I'm assuming it means something different. Thank you.

O'Sheehans doesn't take reservations - it's a complimentary (free) restaurant.  Sushi is a-la-carte and no reservations - it's actually in the Orchid Garden (free) restaurant.

6 minutes ago, DinaS said:

O'Sheehans doesn't take reservations - it's a complimentary (free) restaurant.  Sushi is a-la-carte and no reservations - it's actually in the Orchid Garden (free) restaurant.

Oh...ok. So Sushi isn't the name of a restaurant. If you want to eat sushi, you can go to the Orchard Garden, which is free, but pay for the sushi. Is that right? That makes sense. Are you able to get sushi as part of a specialty meal package? Thank you!

8 minutes ago, Moomduck1 said:

Oh...ok. So Sushi isn't the name of a restaurant. If you want to eat sushi, you can go to the Orchard Garden, which is free, but pay for the sushi. Is that right? That makes sense. Are you able to get sushi as part of a specialty meal package? Thank you!

Sushi is the name of the sushi bar, located in the Orchid Garden. I am not sure if you can sit in Orchid Garden and order from Sushi. 

Sushi is part of the specialty dining plan.  You can select 4 items for your meal as part of the plan.

Edited by DinaS
Added details

We're on the Gem last week and ate at OG.  You can most definitely order from the (limited) Sushi menu.  There is also limited seating at the sushi "counter" by sitting at one of the high stools - right next to/alongside the entrance to the dining area (Sake Bar ... neither spot were empty, not a soul eating/drinking there) and watch the "chef" prepare your rolls, it's a la carte pricing.  No reservations - just walk up & ask, open during evening hours only.  IMHO, personally will pick Teppanyaki as one of the dining package choice over sushi (only if included "free" ...) 

See this thread/post's pictures ... 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2716445-semi-live-limited-gem-dec-13-2019-ny-florida-overnight-gsc-nassau/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-58981483

IMG_20191217_200054139.jpg.1598466717384

OSH's is a walk-in casual/comfort dining place, open 24/7 - when it is not busy, portside is open and when busy (i.e. on full sea days) - starboard side is open, some of the the tables overlooking/directly above the atrium lobby, nice place to people watch or listen to live music below.