Dinner package - Reservations once onboard

Tapi

Hi:

We will be sailing aboard the Niew Statendam in February. I have purchased a dinner package which states that individual restaurant reservations can’t be made in advance and must be made onboard the ship. 

My question is, What are my options to make dinner reservations once onboard? For example, is there an interactive system in the stateroom’s TV where I can make reservations, or do I need to make them in person at a specified location, or over the phone? Etc. 

Just trying to figure this out before I get on the ship so that I can make my reservations as quickly and efficiently as possible, and so that I don’t look too lost or waste time unnecessarily. 😀

Thanks for any information that you may provide!  

Assuming it's in the same place as on the Koningsdam, there will be a restaurant reservation desk across from Sel de Mer on deck 2 (near the Ocean Bar, I actually see it on the deck plan). They can take care of everything for you once you board.  I find it easier than calling someone.

• Thanks 1

I think the quickest way would be to use the Navigator app to make your dining reservations.  Download it before your cruise and you can make your ressies once onboard.  You might even be able to make them in the terminal while you wait to board (no personal experience with that, though).

Edited by Alberta Quilter
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I think the quickest way would be to use the Navigator app to make your dining reservations. 

Thanks for reminding me about the Navigator and the ability to make dinner reservations there!  Even though the cruise is not for another 2 months, I already downloaded it to my phone. Yes, I’m eagerly waiting for cruise day! 😀

28 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Thanks for reminding me about the Navigator and the ability to make dinner reservations there!  Even though the cruise is not for another 2 months, I already downloaded it to my phone. Yes, I’m eagerly waiting for cruise day! 😀

You're welcome. When is your sailing date?  I ask because I'm also on the NS in February (two weeks starting Feb 16th).

1 hour ago, Alberta Quilter said:

You're welcome. When is your sailing date?  I ask because I'm also on the NS in February (two weeks starting Feb 16th).

That’s our date as well. 😀 Truly looking forward to it. We haven’t sailed on HAL since 2013. We chose this itinerary because, out of the 4 ports of call, 3 will be new to us. I’m also looking forward to sailing aboard a new ship! 

2 hours ago, Tapi said:

That’s our date as well. 😀 Truly looking forward to it. We haven’t sailed on HAL since 2013. We chose this itinerary because, out of the 4 ports of call, 3 will be new to us. I’m also looking forward to sailing aboard a new ship! 

I hope you will join the roll call for the cruise; maybe we need you to inject some life into it!  Two of the ports are new for two of us but we sailed on the NS last February, too.  We really enjoyed the ship!

4 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I hope you will join the roll call for the cruise; maybe we need you to inject some life into it! 

Hi!

That’s awesome! I looked up the roll call for our sailing, and normally I would’ve joined by now. But we are traveling as part of a family group and I didn’t want to sign up for the roll call until I get a better feel for what the plans are and how busy they are going to keep us.  I didn’t want to be “that guy” who signs up for the roll call and then is a “no show”. 🤬

But hopefully everyone will get their act together and figure things out soon.  One way or the other, it’s always great to meet new people on a cruise!