Why can Royal spend much o millions on A Perfect day at Coco Cay, but still use blenders to do Frozen drinks?

cruzin76

1 hour ago, steamboats said:

But that´s made with Island Oasis frozen mix - so no blender involved 😉 - same for the Pina Coladas. Nothing you can drink at all. A good Pina Colada is made of coconut water, fresh pineapple and coconut, some honey, some cinnamon and a good Cuban rum (yes, and some ice cubes).

steamboats

They blend the ice to make it a frozen drink. 

1 hour ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

They blend the ice to make it a frozen drink. 

Nope, it´s a frozen mix which is put into a machine where it stirred and cooled (like those granita machines). The mix is poured into a glas and then they pour the alcohol over it. That´s why you can have it with or without alcohol. Usually the waiters walk around the pool deck with filled glases and when you want one they ask you with or without alcohol. Then they pour the rum or whatever.

steamboats

39 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Nope, it´s a frozen mix which is put into a machine where it stirred and cooled (like those granita machines). The mix is poured into a glas and then they pour the alcohol over it. That´s why you can have it with or without alcohol. Usually the waiters walk around the pool deck with filled glases and when you want one they ask you with or without alcohol. Then they pour the rum or whatever.

steamboats

Yuck - I want my drink freshly made and to my taste.  I don't like overly sweet drinks so I always tell the bartender how I would like to have it made - for example, I request my mojito's to be 1/2 as sweet as usual and they come out great for me.  I've never had a drink from a slushie-type machine that isn't over the top sweet.  I generally avoid drinks that are made from a mix also and for the same reason.

The only really good drinks are made from scratch, but you're not going to get those on a mass line ship.

Edited by mek
  • Like 2

@mek That´s exactly why I stay away from those fancy frozen drinks! It´s an oversweetened artifical slushie-type thing with alcohol added. I stick with my Cosmo or a Lavender Daiquiri or the Basil Cucumber Martini at the 150CP.

I think I have only seen those machines at outside bars (pool bar, Boardwalk...) but not at the Schooner Bar. And thinking about it I haven´t seen any of those frozen drinks at the Schooner Bar either. I´m not talking about a Margarita which is blended with ic cubes.

steamboats

• Like 1