Glory NYE... short update on NYE cruise

shaneandpamela

Wife and I have been in NOLA since Thursday Dec 26.  Go eat at The Pelican Club and GW Finns if at all possible when you are in town.

Left the Canal Marriott at 1045am this morning.  Port at 1055am.  On the ship at 1105am (we are Platinum but Diamond, Plat, and FTTF had already boarded when we got to the terminal) .  Passing out all the champagne you care to drink.

We did get moved to anytime.  Fine with us.  We usually only eat in the MDR a couple times a week.

Have heard from two different staffers that a short stop in Freeport is in the near future.  Both said 3 days, but they haven't been told which week it will happen yet.  If I didnt know about the collision i wouldn't know anything at all was wrong.

HNY everyone.

• Like 2

We are on the 1/5 sailing and one of the ports is Freeport. I wonder if they spend an extra day there or something. At this late date, Carnival canceling the cruise next week would be a really bad decision. But hard to see that happening.

if Carnival could get approval to let us gamble while it’s in Freeport, I don’t care. And since it’s a Premier cruise, Carnival will want people to gamble.The next day we are in Nassau, so neither is that big a deal. 

We were just on the Glory for Christmas week. We were told that they are building a new rear end for glory and next stop to Freeport they will do an overnight to fix the Glory hole completely with the new built part