Carnival Fasciantion cruisers. Aft balcony or Jr. Suite?

Timmay77

Looking for people who have actually been in these rooms, not just opinions please. I have my own opinion.....

3 cruisers, basically 3 adults, the old farts (wife and I) and our 17yr old daughter. We understand it is a port heavy itinerary, so the room is less important, but still want to get the best room for us.

Aft balcony - larger balcony, small'ish room, Pullman Bed. Is this enough room for 3 adults? I can see the Pullman Bed being an issue. 2 adults and this room is perfect, but add a grumpy, hormonal 17 year old girl and things get crazy fast.

Jr. Suite - larger room, sleeper sofa, but it looks like the balcony is small and cramped. Yes we will spend time on the balcony. Basically if I am in the room, I am either sleeping or on the balcony waiting for the girls to get ready. (story of my life) I also understand the suites have a FTTF type VIP service built in, which is a plus.

Then maybe even the grand daddy of them all, Grand Suite Extended Balcony?? 

Basically, this would be the cheapest we are ever going to see a suite on a cruise. I don't mind the cost, but is it actually worth it?

We have sailed on the Jubilee and Elation in a Junior suite.  You will feel quite a bit of motion but you’ll get used to it.  The cabin is not very big compared to the newer ships.  The balcony is small.  You can fit three people on it but it will be tight.  Best thing about the JR suites is how close you are to the pool and Lido dining.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, James4me said:

We have sailed on the Jubilee and Elation in a Junior suite.  You will feel quite a bit of motion but you’ll get used to it.  The cabin is not very big compared to the newer ships.  The balcony is small.  You can fit three people on it but it will be tight.  Best thing about the JR suites is how close you are to the pool and Lido dining.  

Thank you for the reply. I booked the Jr. Suite. This concerns me a little, the wife does get motion sickness. Wondering if I should have cooked the aft balcony now.

2 hours ago, Timmay77 said:

Thank you for the reply. I booked the Jr. Suite. This concerns me a little, the wife does get motion sickness. Wondering if I should have cooked the aft balcony now.

I think the motion up there in the junior suites is minimal, although I've never had one.  It may depend on when you are going, but I've gone that route in January & February and don't recall rough waters at all.   

I think you made a good choice w/ the junior suite, however, it will look very close to a regular balcony.  I looked on YouTube and my  particular aft balcony cabin on Fascination is not nearly as large as an aft balcony on Valor or Liberty.   There was not even a couch in the room.  In fact, when I saw how small the aft balcony was, I was able to pay a little more to a grand suite.  Grand

suite on this port-intensive itinerary is not really worth it unless you spend a lot of time in your room, which we do.