How do u obtain so much OBC???

Pier290

12 hours ago, Pier290 said:

I keep reading about huge amounts of OBC people receive.....well over the $300 OBC perk....HOW? WHERE?  WHEN?  I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO OBTAIN THIS!!😜😜

You get OBC as a booking perk with Celebrity depending on cabin amounts change but  you can also get OBC from some booking agents...Last year I got $1250... OBC  in total.

If you check you on screen acct in you cabin  and it will tell you how much you have.   IF it is OBC-N  that is non refundable so spend it or lose it....if you have OBC-R if you don't spend it that amount will be returned to your credit card.       I personally only spend non refundable and always return to my credit card the other amount...That means to me it is not a free perk, I am just charged more for my cruise...........

We have $950 OBC for an upcoming cruise.  $600 from the 4 perks (Australian bookings are priced with gratuities included so the 4th perk is an additional $150 per person), $200 from a "sale" booking, and $150 from a future cruise credit.  Will probably take a couple of ships tours to make use of it.

16 hours ago, mafig said:

I still rather have a cheaper cruise fare.  Sometimes it is hard to spend all that OBC.

Refundable is nice though.  But I'd still like a lower price.

We have a cruise from Rome to Venice booked for October. The deal looked really good back on Black Friday with and extra $200 from Celebrity, and an extra $100 from the TA on top of them pay our grats and tossing in another $375 in OBC. Sounds like a great deal right?  I rebooked it today giving up the $200 from Celebrity and the extra $100 from the TA for a $500 price reduction and Celebrity is now paying out grats...so the whole trip is $200 cheaper.  You have to do the math and see what deals fit your needs

• Like 1

I wonder how much obc is as a result of Group Bookings by TA's.  Celebrity give a free cabin every 7 cabins booked - that benefit is probably shared by the TA and it's clients.  I recently received additional $200 obc a few weeks after paying my cruise deposit - that was probably the share of the group benefit ........... maybe !