Disembarking Sirena in Barcelona

dog

What is the earliest I could expect to disembark Oceania Sirena in Barcelona? Cruise ends 8 am.

Does the cruise line offer a disembark tour with airport drop off? It is too early to see

what excursions are offered.

😂😂

what cruise, when? Have you considered reading your cruise’s post cruise’s options on this mythical cruise. There’s a little button to hit that will show all precruise, post cruise, and land options for your cruise? Since we haven’t a clue which mythical cruise to which you refer, spend ten minutes on the Oceania website and you’ll get your answer.

Otherwise, tell us your cruise details and some other poster might do the work for you and link you to Oceania’s website.

7 hours ago, dog said:

What is the earliest I could expect to disembark Oceania Sirena in Barcelona? Cruise ends 8 am.

Does the cruise line offer a disembark tour with airport drop off? It is too early to see

what excursions are offered.

If you opt for self-disembarkation  (you can carry all of your luggage off) you would be able to leave the ship once formalities have been cleared.

Regarding a disembarkation tour with airport drop off, depends if there is enough fellow passenger interest. I recently was on the Sirena and asked this question to Destination Services staff for a different cruise and that was the answer they gave me. If this is something you’d like to do I suggest using the cruise critic  roll call to dum up interest. Rather than using an arranged tour through Oceana it would probably be far cheaper to connect directly with an operator in Barcelona.

• Thanks 1

They want everyone off by 9am UNLESS the ship is delayed.  Even if you arrive at 8am, our experience is that usually it's earlier than that.  BUT ... there is no telling when the ship will clear.  We always take a cab to our hotel -- if we were flying home immediately, we'd still use a cab.

Some days before the end of the cruise you will receive a form to fill out where you tell them if you are independent travelers, etc.  A ship transfer is frightfully more expensive than a cab (or private car service).  You say on the form when you need to leave the ship, where you are going (if it's a private hotel don't bother), and so on.   If you opt for the expensive ship transfer you will have to wait until everyone is on board the bus, so if you have an early flight home then this wouldn't be a good idea anyway.

People who are using a post-cruise hotel through Oceania will be transferred through O.  If so, you won't be paying that super expensive transfer fee.  But you WILL be paying twice what the hotel would cost if you booked it yourself ... O's hotel prices are per person rather than per room ...

Mura

• Thanks 1

Thanks Classiccruiser777 and Mura. Very helpful. I was hoping for around 9 am and will take a taxi to the airport. The website has a $117 Canadian pp transfer while taxi is about $45 Canadian for 2, so I will book a12-1:30 pm flight. 

Sounds good!  I think a noon or later flight is a good prospect.  Too many people book earlier flights and can run into troubles!  I don't recall how long it takes to get from the port to the airport since it's many years since we did that.  Almost always we are heading for a hotel from the seaport which is a rather short trip.  One time we flew into Barcelona and took a car service to our hotel, but that was many years ago -- and I THINK a longer trip than the port to the airport.

Mura

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mura said:

Sounds good!  I think a noon or later flight is a good prospect.  Too many people book earlier flights and can run into troubles!  I don't recall how long it takes to get from the port to the airport since it's many years since we did that.  Almost always we are heading for a hotel from the seaport which is a rather short trip.  One time we flew into Barcelona and took a car service to our hotel, but that was many years ago -- and I THINK a longer trip than the port to the airport.

Mura

It takes 20-30 minutes, I'm told. I did contact Spain Day Tours for a tour/transfer, but they would only do a shortened custom tour if I fly out before 2pm. I've been to Barcelona before, but this will be my first Oceania cruise. I appreciate your help.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:07 AM, dog said:

Thanks Classiccruiser777 and Mura. Very helpful. I was hoping for around 9 am and will take a taxi to the airport. The website has a $117 Canadian pp transfer while taxi is about $45 Canadian for 2, so I will book a12-1:30 pm flight. 

You can get to airport several ways. Easiest is to book an Uber or local taxi. Or you can take the port bus into Barcelona approx 3€, then the metro 1 or 2 stops up las Rambla to Plaça Catalunya approx 3€ then take the Areobus direct to airport, 5.90€? 

• Thanks 1