Are Viking Shuttles provided in Australia & New Zealand

erc1

6 hours ago, erc1 said:

Does Viking provide shuttles to town center for their passengers in Sydney & Melbourne Australia and in Dunedin & Christchurch New Zealand?

This was our experience.

If you berth at White Bay in Sydney .. yes, by water from White Bay to Circular Quay - for us the stop was outside the Museum of Contemporary Art.

If you berth at Circular Quay in Sydney .. no need, that is the perfect location.

In  Melbourne, yes - the drop off point will be near the city centre but the actual location may vary from cruise to cruise depending on road works, other ships in port etc.

Dunedin yes, it is about 20 min by road and the drop off point was outside the main railway station.

We missed Christchurch due to bad weather - but can't think of any reason why there wouldn't be a shuttle service provided.

I've read some helpful reviews of the Aust / NZ cruise so if you are seeking some further information please let me know and I will see if I can find them and provide a link for you.

Sorry .. edit. I assume you know how to find CC reviews, what I am referring to is some extended comments in this forum about this itinerary from 12 months or so ago.

Edited by Cleopatra99
more info

I'm pretty sure there was a shuttle into Christchurch from Lyttelton Harbour - it's quite a distance, about 7-8 miles.  It's worthwhile to watch the ship dock at Lyttlelton Harbour; takes great skill to 'squeeze' into such a small port and explains why the port is skipped if the weather is bad, too much opportunity to damage the dock and the ship.  When we were in Darwin, a microburst occurred and it was quite amazing how hard the ship was banging against the dock, the winds were so bad, the gangway was too dangerous for passengers to walk on, and the ship's engines were turned on to prevent the ship from being bashed against the dock.