Why the delay in opening up shore excursions

monkey1

I know a couple people have asked when shore excursions open up, and that the Princess.com cruise personalizer says that they can open up as early as 120 days out, but ours don't seem to be showing yet. Why would Princess delay this? Do they wait until most final payments are due? If anyone has any insight on this, it'd be much appreciated.

I'm just anxious to reserve as we're traveling with a large group and I want to try and book a couple with friends before they fill up.

Thanks!

Our last cruise they opned up 150+ days before sailing, we've also seen them within 60 days. There are various factors involved, including finalizing contracts and someone actually pushing the magic button. :D

Just keep checking! On our last cruise some people in our group got an email the day they opened, we didn't get one until a month later. :)

Our trip opened up 96 days prior to sailing (yes I am keeping track :rolleyes: )..

We had not made our final payment... The lotus spa treatments became available a few days after the excursions and our gty room was assigned about a week after that....

No rhyme nor reason as far as I can tell!

Cheers

CCFan

Archived