Tour by 4 x 4 compared to a van?

Nebr.cruiser

We are trying to arrange a tour for our shore excursion in Moorea.  We'll be doing water-based tours the two islands before this, so will probably do an island tour here.

I found a company that sounds great, but they use a van rather than the open 4x4 trucks that most companies use.  Do you think not being able to go to some of the more remote or on rugged trails/roads will impact our trip?

May never be here again; just want to have the best experience.  If the open trucks give a more scenic trip and/or go places a van can't, is what I am wondering.

Thanks!

On 1/3/2020 at 5:04 PM, Nebr.cruiser said:

We are trying to arrange a tour for our shore excursion in Moorea.  We'll be doing water-based tours the two islands before this, so will probably do an island tour here.

I found a company that sounds great, but they use a van rather than the open 4x4 trucks that most companies use.  Do you think not being able to go to some of the more remote or on rugged trails/roads will impact our trip?

May never be here again; just want to have the best experience.  If the open trucks give a more scenic trip and/or go places a van can't, is what I am wondering.

Thanks!

To go to the top of Magic Mountain, it would require 4 wheel drive, not a street van.  The views were spectacular.  We did this in November. Also went to a pineapple plantation on Belvedere where the roads were a little rough.  It was nice being out in the open for the scenery and views and not having to try to take photos through a window unless the vehicle stops. Not sure why you would prefer the van.