question on chops

maggieq

Would like to try chops again on the Serenade in April.

I do have a question though regarding what you are entitled to off of the menu.

When we tried Chops on the Mariner in October. We asked if we could have share an appetizer, have a caesar salad, entree etc.

The waiter said "well you can if you want to but it's usually either or (salad or app). I thought that to be strange but asked that we could split the caesar and we would each have a shrimp cocktail. We didn't go for desert....too full.

Was I wrong to ask for both?

Your waiter didn't bring his "A" game that night. When we ate in Chops on Endeavor, the chef made me a special and delicious vegetarian pasta meal not on the menu because I don't eat meat. The waiters were so gracious and no one acted as if I were being a burden.

The price is set no matter what you eat or don't eat, so I can't imagine why your server made an issue of your request.

Your waiter didn't bring his "A" game that night. When we ate in Chops on Endeavor, the chef made me a special and delicious vegetarian pasta meal not on the menu because I don't eat meat. The waiters were so gracious and no one acted as if I were being a burden.

The price is set no matter what you eat or don't eat, so I can't imagine why your server made an issue of your request.

WOW, that's a NEAT TRICK. How did you get to eat dinner on a ship that hasn't even been built yet, HeavySurf?!?!?!?!??!!?:D

The waiter was probably new or confused. We were just at Chops on the Serenade a couple of weeks ago, and had an absolutely awesome meal.

Both my son and I arrived VERY hungry, as we hadn't eaten much for lunch that day. I ordered 2 appetizers (portobello caps and Maryland crab cake), a soup course (new england clam chowder), a filet mignon with a couple of side veggies, and chocolate mud pie for dessert. Plus they bring a delicious bread loaf to the table. My son ordered similarly. I couldn't finish my filet mignon (I wanted to save room for dessert!), but my son was happy to finish it for me. ;)

I happened to glance over at the table next to us when their entrees were brought, and the gentleman got 2 of them...some sort of steak, and a veal chop.

For those of you interested, here are copies of the Chops menus. These are actually for the Navigator, but they were exactly the same on the Serenade a couple of weeks ago (except the charge was $20, not $25).

n4eb7a.jpg

Chops is open for lunch at a reduced cost. On Radiance, we talked to the Maitre'd the night before our reservation and asked if was possible to

pre-order lobster tails to compliment the filet mignon. He said that he would do his best, and to our delight he came through for us. The best surf and turf I have had in a long time. Service was top notch as Chops and Portifono's carry the most qualified/experienced servers on board, above the skills of the main dining room servers. An A+ experience and meal!!

I think each Chops is a little different. On the Enchantment, I don't recall seeing the wisconsin chops on the menu, but we did have a choice of 7oz. or 10oz. Filet Mignon. I had the 10oz. with the Idaho potato the size of a watermelon (well....maybe not that big but it was huge), and apple pie for dessert. It was the best food I ever had. We even had a table for 2 right at the window. Well worth the $20. Don't forget to tip the waiter at Chops too.

Archived