Carnival Dream 2020 Cruise Review With Fun-Times & Photos!!

The Crimson Dining Room has an entrance located on Deck 3 of the Carnival Dream's atrium. This entrance is used in the evening for guests assigned to Your-Time Dining and is the same place I waited for dinner on the first night. I walked inside the dining room and noticed several of the tables were already being setup for the formal night dinner. This dining room was not being used for brunch or any other dining related events prior to dinner. Inside the dining room there are two stairwells that go up to the deck 4 level of the Crimson Dining Room. I walked up one these stairwells to Deck 4. It is my understanding the people on this deck had assigned seating at either 6:00pm or 8:15pm.   img-9426_orig.jpg

img-9427_orig.jpg

img-9433_1_orig.jpg

After walking out of the Crimson Dining Room's deck 4 level, I was back in the Carnival Dream's atrium. The deck 4 area of the atrium is home to the Pixels Photo Gallery. During the day, photos are posted on the walls of the photo gallery for guests to purchase. The Carnival Dream still has the old fashioned Pixels photo process which consists of the ship printing all pictures and hanging them on the little wall shelves. (Note: Some of Carnival's newest ships have gone to an all digital photo gallery system, but the Carnival Dream does not have this yet). Within the photo gallery, the ship had long cushioned benches that guests could sit on and look down at the Deck 3 area of the atrium. There was lots of good seating in the Carnival Dream's atrium!

img-9437_orig.jpg

img-9438_orig.jpg

img-9443_orig.jpg

• Like 1

After walking through the photo gallery in the ship's deck 4 level of the atrium, I began to walk towards the back of the ship. There is a long hallway that connects the front of deck 4 to the back. This area is referred to on the ship's deck plan as "Lower Dream Street Promenade".  Along this area guests can find entrances to the Paige Turner Library, Circle C, Club 02, the ship's Chambers Conference Center, and one of the ship's many Fun Hub Internet Cafe stations. 
                         I saw the entrance to the Paige Turner Library and stepped inside. This library had a few tables and several shelves. The shelves had some books and board games. There were two computers in the library that could be used for internet access. Later in the day, I happened to walk back by the library and saw every table occupied with guests playing board games. During my morning walk the library was still empty. 

img-9439_orig.jpg

img-9440_orig.jpg

img-9442_orig.jpg

After leaving the ship's library, I walked to the back of deck 4 and then went up to deck 5. At the very back of deck 5 is the Burgundy Lounge. The Carnival Dream's Burgundy Lounge is considered the ship's aft lounge and hosts a variety of events. At night, the Punchliner Comedy Club uses this lounge for the comedy shows. 

img-9473_orig.jpg

img-9584_orig.jpgimg-9727_orig.jpg

• Like 1

As I walked around deck 5 I walked by Bonsai Sushi. This venue was added to the Carnival Dream during a 2017 dry-dock and replaced the old Taste Bar area. Bonsai Sushi is open at lunch and dinner on sea-days or if it is a port of call day is only open at dinner. Guests wishing to eat at this venue have to pay extra. 

img-9456_orig.jpg

img-9457_orig.jpg

img-9458_orig.jpg

In the middle of the interior areas of the Promenade Deck is a venue called Ocean Plaza. The Carnival Dream was the first Carnival ship built with an Ocean Plaza. This area has a small stage that is used to host live music and entertainment at night. During the day, the Ocean Plaza is used for various activities and trivia. This area has plenty of seats and small tables, but could get crowded during the sea days. At the back of the Ocean Plaza guests can access a full bar that serves regular bar menu items and next to this bar guests can find the Alchemy Bar. The Alchemy Bar has a pharmacy theme and serves a variety of cocktails. The Alchemy Bar feature was also added during the Carnival Dream's 2017 dry-dock. 

img-9459_orig.jpg

img-9461_orig.jpg

img-9463_orig.jpg

img-9465_orig.jpg

img-9466_orig.jpg

img-9460_orig.jpg

• Like 1

After walking through the Promenade Deck (5) I decided to head up to the Lido Deck (10). I started at the very back of the Lido Deck. At the back of the Lido Deck is the ship's aft pool. This pool has two hottubs and is surrounded by several deck chairs. The Carnival Dream's Pizzeria Del Capitano is located outside. The pizzeria is complimentary and is open 24 hours. The Seafood Shack is also located outside near the aft pool, but this feature is not complimentary. 

img-9490_orig.jpg

img-9491_orig.jpg

img-9492_orig.jpg

After walking around the Lido Deck, I headed up to Deck 11 for a quick walk around the outside decks before breakfast. I wanted to get a glimpse at the sunrise before going inside the buffet for breakfast. 

img-9493_orig.jpg

img-9497_orig.jpg

img-9499_orig.jpg

• Like 1

This is such a great review. ! I love your thoroughness and your great pictures ! Please don’t stop. I see that you last posted on Japan. 11 and it is now Jan. 18. I hope this isn’t the end, because this is so good ! Thank you for taking the time to write this !

• 3 weeks later...