NCL's Solo Cabins question;

crystalaziza

For those of you who have sailed in a solo cabin, (I've only done cabin crawls to the solo's) is the Studio Lounge on each floor or only on one floor for all 3 floors of solo's? Also Is there only 1 enterance into the studio cabins hallway or one at each end of the studio areas? It's hard to tell from the deck plans where the main door is. I know sometimes the rooms can be like trying to navigate a maze. Thank You

Only one Studio Lounge, but in the lounge there is a direct staircase both up & down into the Studio Hallways (when relevant) each ship is a bit different, but there are usually various ways to enter when there is a long studio hallway. I'm mostly familiar with the Epic, which only has studios on two floor, but has multiple entrances at different ends of the ship to the long hallway with the studio cabins.

I stayed in a Bliss Studio on deck 10. 

If I recall correctly, there were three entrances to the Studio area on each deck. Studios were on 10, 11, and 12; the Studio Lounge was on 11. There’s a staircase right into the Lounge from 10 and 12 but for goodness sake, do not attempt it when very sleepy or otherwise impaired. 

73448F4C-B45E-49E9-9BCB-C09FDBEF49CF.jpeg

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, coastcat said:

There’s a staircase right into the Lounge from 10 and 12 but for goodness sake, do not attempt it when very sleepy or otherwise impaired. 

I resemble that remark! I try to stay on the same deck, but the stairs are narrow enough that they can be managed compared to the public stairs. Love the access to ice water. 

2 hours ago, smplybcause said:

I resemble that remark! I try to stay on the same deck, but the stairs are narrow enough that they can be managed compared to the public stairs. Love the access to ice water. 

You must be more nimble than I am! I made a lot of trips down that staircase with a latte in one hand and the railing in a death grip with the other hand. Yikes. Lesson learned: book earlier so I can snag a cabin on the Lounge level.

From what I can see, the solo lounge has snacks, fruit, juice and most importantly...a water cooler. 

Are there different offerings at different times of day? I will be cruising in a solo in 5 days.

I have stayed in a studio on the Getaway and the lounge was on one deck with a staircase from the upper deck.  I’ll be in one on the Epic this summer and it appears to be the same.  The best part is the 24 hour ice water and a wonderful cappuccino machine.  They also have snacks, fruit and cold breakfast items.  The cabins are small but efficient.  Lots of storage space and the cappuccino machine is worth it to me!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, cruisin from vegas said:

I have stayed in a studio on the Getaway and the lounge was on one deck with a staircase from the upper deck.  I’ll be in one on the Epic this summer and it appears to be the same.  The best part is the 24 hour ice water and a wonderful cappuccino machine.  They also have snacks, fruit and cold breakfast items.  The cabins are small but efficient.  Lots of storage space and the cappuccino machine is worth it to me!!

Thanks. That is exactly what I wanted to hear. 🙂

4 hours ago, coastcat said:

You must be more nimble than I am! I made a lot of trips down that staircase with a latte in one hand and the railing in a death grip with the other hand. Yikes. Lesson learned: book earlier so I can snag a cabin on the Lounge level.

My top tip is to take a lidded coffee cup with you 🙂 Mine takes two of their small coffee cups and it's much easier to carry. 

9 hours ago, coastcat said:

Nah, my water bottle just has a lid on it so as long as I don't fall everything is good. 😉 There may have been an instance where the wall kept me from falling... which is why the narrow staircase works lol. It is a lot nicer being on the same level. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, trummy said:

From what I can see, the solo lounge has snacks, fruit, juice and most importantly...a water cooler. 

Are there different offerings at different times of day? I will be cruising in a solo in 5 days.

Breakfast-ish things in the morning (Danish, muffins, etc.)  Right around lunchtime they switch to snackables (cookies and such).

39 minutes ago, Cheesegirl23 said:

I'm so glad I booked my studio on the same floor as the lounge then!! LOL - my first time is coming up in march!

Eh, it's worth the precarious journey. I drink tons of water along with the espresso and it was very convenient to have the Lounge close by, even if it did mean navigating that vertical sobriety test...

My next three booked cruises are all solos on different ships, none of which have Studios. I'll need to pack multiple insulated water bottles so I'm not wandering the decks at 3am in search of chilled water.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheesegirl23 said:

I'm so glad I booked my studio on the same floor as the lounge then!! LOL - my first time is coming up in march!

I'm on the same deck too... we might be neighbours! 😄 

(Before anyone thinks this is a weird thing to say, we're on the same cruise lol)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CazV said:

While it's nice to be on the same deck, I was upstairs from the lounge on the Escape and managed ok. 

I was in a studio on Deck 12 on the Bliss, I used the whole studio area as a way to take the stairs but break it up some. Stairs up to 10, walk to the studio entrance (stair break), up the stairs to the lounge, short break, up to 12.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Just drink the water from the ice melt in your cabin, its always nice and cold.

I've found it's hit or miss if you get ice in studio. And I dunno about other cabins, but the holder I've had are very small - like a glass. And honestly - there's so little counter space in studios I'm ok with the ice not taking up a huge portion of it thanks to the lounge.