Panorama formal nights & restaurant package deal

RTR 21-0

52 minutes ago, RTR 21-0 said:

We originally had the Mardi Gras for October booked & was really looking forward to that beautiful new ship.  I think we’re more excited about the Panorama because it’s new & will be new ports for us.   Sure wish the Mardi Gras was scheduled for Eastern Carib itineraries before 2021.  

Same for us! We were initially booked on the first Mardi Gras sailing. Panorama is surprisingly cheap, and that paired with FCC, the added OBC, and some other OBC made the Panorama a no-brainer.

We're also excited for all new ports! 

2 minutes ago, BTHodgeman said:

Same for us! We were initially booked on the first Mardi Gras sailing. Panorama is surprisingly cheap, and that paired with FCC, the added OBC, and some other OBC made the Panorama a no-brainer.

I was surprised to find a brand new Panorama cheaper than the year and a half old Vista I was on the same week last year. All new ports for me as well. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I was surprised to find a brand new Panorama cheaper than the year and a half old Vista I was on the same week last year. All new ports for me as well. 

I know right! In August, many sailings are way cheaper than Vista and Horizon!

4 hours ago, CCLcruiser91 said:

Dining package deal - saves you $8...

"For $60 per person, passengers who opt to purchase the plan will receive one meal at Fahrenheit 555 — the line’s signature steakhouse — as well as two $15 vouchers which can be redeemed at the Pig & Anchor Smokehouse Brewhouse, Bonsai Sushi, Cucina del Capitano or JiJi Asian Kitchen."

As a solo cruiser leaving in 1 1/2 weeks on the PANORAMA, is it possible to split these TWO $15 tickets that come with this special pricing into TWO SEPARATE venues ?

4 hours ago, BTHodgeman said:

What date are y’all sailing out?  Booked our airline & hotel tonight.   Ready to go!

5 hours ago, heckledtrio said:

I'm not a lobster person, but my hubby and friends say it was the best lobster they'd ever had! I hope they keep it included by the time you sail! 🙂 

We actually ventured out to do Mazatlan on our own! I studied the info on these three websites:

http://www.mazatlantouristaide.com/

http://arewethere-yet.com/wordyexplorers/blog/pages/view/view.dhtml?linkId=4FavoritesMazatlan&storyId=1532711033361

http://arewethere-yet.com/wordyexplorers/blog/pages/view/view.dhtml?linkId=CentroHistoricoStoneIslandMazatlan&storyId=1530238592810

Basically, there's a blue line painted on the street that you can follow from the cruise terminal to the old town area (~3/4 mile walk). Along the way, there are American ex-pats living in Mazatlan that volunteer their time to greet tourists and provide directions and maps. The second website I provided above has low-quality images of the maps that the volunteers hand out. If you'd like to see a better-quality version before you sail, let me know, and I can dig mine up and scan it! 

We pretty much hit up the main sights labeled on the map, and did some shopping in the big marketplace (Mercado Pino Suarez). It was a breeze to navigate everything with the tourist aid map. It was our first time venturing to a new city all by ourselves, but those online resources made it so easy! 

Thanks for that info.  I was able to pull them up. Think we’ll also wing it at that port.