Boarding Times 'Schedule' - Auckland

nchpmn

I'll be cruising out of Auckland on the Solstice on 17 Feb - I've received the following email from Celebrity regarding boarding:

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Solstice® for your 12-Night New Zealand cruise departing Monday, February 17th from Auckland, New Zealand.   Before your arrival, we would like to make you aware of some important travel information.

The terminal is small, with limited seating. To avoid long waits and ensure a smooth embarkation process, we're asking guests to check in online at www.celebrity.com/onlinecheckin, if you have not yet done so. Also, you should not arrive to the terminal before noon. Instead, please come at the scheduled arrival times listed here:

image.png.4dcc98b7ae9103746b4bc7d762ba9005.png

Suite guests, as well as Captain’s Club Zenith, Elite Plus, and Elite members, are welcome to check in at their convenience, anytime between 12:00 noon and 4:30 p.m.

My understanding previously was boarding times were 'whenever you wanted, so long as we haven't hauled anchor'*

Being cattle class and not suite guests, would we have any trouble not arriving at our designated time? We'd much rather be exploring Auckland than sitting on the ship for hours (we've got 2 weeks to do that!).

Thanks!

*This is a joke. I am well aware to be on board by 16:30 😛

If you arrive later than your scheduled time there should be no problem (unless everyone does it ☺️),  They just don't want the whole ship clogging the small terminal at the same time, like 11:00 AM

And, agree, there is lots to see in Auckland.  If you can't store the bags at your hotel, you can drop them off at the pier and then explore.  If your ship docks at either Princess Wharf or Queens Wharf, they are centrally located.

Edited by ECCruise

I agree you should be fine.  We received the same email for boarding Solstice last month at Sydney.  We arrived an hour ahead of the suggested schedule without any problem.

13 hours ago, ECCruise said:

If you arrive later than your scheduled time there should be no problem (unless everyone does it ☺️)

12 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I agree you should be fine.

Thanks folks! Appreciate it 🙂