Flights from Vancouver to Papeete

raverski

1 hour ago, Hawaiidan said:

I took Air Tahiti   in business and  found the seats very comfortable  for the 7.5-8 hour trip.   Not Lie flat but the go back like 150 degrees    Food was excellent......  think again

This is fine for a daytime flight but unfortunately these ATN flights leave at midnight when one hopes to get some sleep after a full day in Papeete.

Maybe you can get that in those seats but I cannot. If I am paying for business class - with money of miles - I prefer a lie flat seat for overnight flights.

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

This is fine for a daytime flight but unfortunately these ATN flights leave at midnight when one hopes to get some sleep after a full day in Papeete.

Maybe you can get that in those seats but I cannot. If I am paying for business class - with money of miles - I prefer a lie flat seat for overnight flights.

The deal is  you only take 1/2 the O air   ATN to PPT   You then take Air France Business revenue PPT to LAX.   In order to get the AF  flight  you book PPT-LAX Business  and LAX -PPT  in ultra economy  which you can do and then not use that.   Brings the 1 way Bus down from 3800 to 1800 !  and thats  rt for the seats I mentioned/ Air France leaves at 8 in the morning     It is possible to stay in Moorea  the night before and catch the ferry in and taxi to PPt airport in plenty of time...  The ATN and HI are terrible  I do not know the UA schedule....  does not matter as after 7 times to PPT I am tahiti-ed out.   No more no way.

Edited by Hawaiidan

On 1/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, sitraveler said:

I deviated on my November SF to Papeete, waiting 2 days before I returned to NY.  Oceania booked me on the Papeete-SF-EWR route on United..

Just for reference....the UAL run SFO-PPT is on a 787-8   There is NO  prem economy.   Business class  rt runs  from 354.000 mi to 1.,212,000 miles......     Ya thats 1.2 million miles pp   make it 2.4 million for a couple......   

revenue $ 4800  to $11000  depending on the route

You can get prem econ to PPT using Star alliance ..  only if you fly SFO-AUK-PPT  on UAL/Air Nz  

New dynamic prices!

Last year, Oceania never offered a ff mileage option for our schedule, only cash. They did an inventory adjustment discount one day that lasted about four (4) hours. We jumped on our business class seats during that short run.

FWIW, our flight was early last Feb. We caught that discount in early June the year before. BC was sold out on our flight by Labor Day for both our Tuesday flight and for the Thursday flight prior to our Saturday embarkment. Their were no upgrades available for high level  flyers. Everything went tariff. 

48 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

New dynamic prices!

Last year, Oceania never offered a ff mileage option for our schedule, only cash. They did an inventory adjustment discount one day that lasted about four (4) hours. We jumped on our business class seats during that short run.

FWIW, our flight was early last Feb. We caught that discount in early June the year before. BC was sold out on our flight by Labor Day for both our Tuesday flight and for the Thursday flight prior to our Saturday embarkment. Their were no upgrades available for high level  flyers. Everything went tariff. 

The thing to do, I learned  is to fly into Tahiti, never out of it  but to snag a cruise Tahiti to anywhere.  That way you avoid the midnight departure red eye.   O used to do a long time ago, RT LA to Tahiti  21 days  Also good i Is Tahiti to NY  34 days,  ot Syd-PPT-LAX  36 days

I’m sorry! A typographical error on my part!

What I should have said was that United never offered a ff mileage option for those flights! United sold the BC  seats out by Labor Day and upgrades were never available to any fliers!

Edited by pinotlover