Booking Guarantee a Year Early...?

Noam

Well, I was on my first cruise on Jan 2nd and it was amazing. I had a group of about 35 passengers aboard the Imagination and everyone had a great time.

Now I am booking another group for next January. My question is, is booking Guarantee this far in advance going to help the chance of upgrades / availability of quads and triples? Anyone know if they actually stick to that first come first serve upgrade they tell us on the phone?

First come first upgrade does not apply as there were two gty's that got upgraded after I booked and did not - December Liberty.

Who paid the most money is a good theory that I have yet to see disproven. I got a great deal, those that got upgraded both paid more than me - that is a specific example with people I met on board. I am sure others have had different experiences.

Bottom line, upgrades are truly an unsolved mystery. My belief is that there are several paths for upgrades and no hierarchy to cause them to be stable - re: chaos theory in its truest form!

I booked 10 months out for my Spirit cruise. I paid 600.00 for an inside guarantee and got upgraded to a 7A obstructed balcony. We had three cabins booked and all got upgraded. Two months before we sailed the inside guarantee price was 750.00. Just luck of the draw.

Candi

Our first cruise we booked about a year out got a wonderful upgrade 4a to 8f on Legend second we booked assigned cabins. This cruise we booked in April of last year, When I found our cabin assignment through the gift purchase process i called our TA to see if she knew anything about the upgrades she said more than likely we didnt get much of an upgrade for booking far in advance was because we had 3 cabins linked together, so to upgrade they would try to keep us together. Next cruise I will book and not link with anyone and see if it makes a difference. It makes sence to me.

20 more days till we leave woohooooo We are supposed to get a big snowstorm here today into tomorrow. Hope it doesnt put a damper on all the Superbowl activities going on Downtown Windsor/Detroit. (about 10 minutes away)

If I were to say that:

"I always book exactly 223 days out by calling my Carnival PVP, while standing on one leg with my left index finger in my right ear wearing a purple polk-dot shirt and lime green pants and have been upgraded from an IS to a balcony everytime"

and you were to try the same thing, there is still no gty of an upgrade.

The upgrade fairy is fickle and one of the great mysteries of life. :D

you got a bad deal, next time use a good TA or call carnival direct and ask for their best pricing. they may call you back different times and offer better prices. negoiate,!(sp) We got a balcony for the price you paid for an inside room. also , call them and ask for upgrades and ask if there are any price reductions. we have cruise 5 times and it works well.

"I always book exactly 223 days out by calling my Carnival PVP, while standing on one leg with my left index finger in my right ear wearing a purple polk-dot shirt and lime green pants and have been upgraded from an IS to a balcony everytime"

Great Tip !!! I will try that tomorrow !!!

Archived