Brilliance January 6-11, 2020

1 hour ago, shelbylook said:

Can you offer more detail on the aquarium?  My sister & niece’s flights don’t leave until about 7 pm after our Brilliance cruise 3/2-7.  The aquarium might be something they could do to kill some time.

Thanks,

Cathy

It was a nice aquarium and they will store your bags. It was fairly crowded and somewhat expensive.   The exhibits were great. They had a wetlands exhibit with birds and gators and turtles as well as the big tank with sharks and tons of cool fish. They had a touch tank for jellyfish anemones and stingrays. If you have more time you can leave your bags there for a bit and take the trolley around the area as well. It is really convenient and enjoyable to kill time waiting for a later flight. 

On 1/13/2020 at 3:33 PM, momofmab said:

Thanks for your review!  We did a family reunion on Brilliance over Christmas (20 of us, ages 16-75).

I thought 5 nights on a ship this size worked well for us too.  Any longer and I think we'd all get a little bored.

My inlaws were also in an Owner's Suite, the other adults in Junior Suites and the young adults & teens were in a combo of balcony and inside rooms.

My daughter and her fiancé did the Chef's Table as well and raved about it.  I wished I had joined them!

We had 2 large tables next to each other in the MDR and service was painfully slow each night.  Not sure what the issue was because there were many large groups at other tables and we were always the last table leaving each night.  Our servers where nice though, and somehow always kept our orders straight.

My only issue with the whole cruise was that the water that came out of the faucet on my sink was scalding hot (no cold water at all).  It was so hot that I had to wet a wash cloth, let that cool and then wash my face with it - and use bottled water to brush my teeth!  My daughters, who were a deck below us, had the same issue.  Not sure what was going on.

Hi! Out of curiosity what room were you in?

• 1 month later...
On 1/13/2020 at 7:23 AM, flippergirl said:

Debarkation and Florida Aquarium:

Out flight home was at 4 so we had time to kill. We got up just in time to head to Chops before they closed breakfast at 8.

Nice review!  Do you happen to remember what the hours were for breakfast in Chops for suite guests on sea and port days? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2020 at 9:53 AM, shirazcruiser said:

Nice review!  Do you happen to remember what the hours were for breakfast in Chops for suite guests on sea and port days? 

I think it was the same as MDR hours for breakfast but I can't recall specifically.