My time dining

We chose to do My Time Dining on our cruise on the Oasis on January 26th.  We have found out that most make reservations in advance.  I liked the idea of not being locked in to a specific time for dinner mainly because our plans would change from day to day and may not be hungry at the time we had made a reservation.  With that being said, we did try to make reservations for some nights and have found that no times are available until 8:15, which is later than we like to eat.  So, for those who don't make reservations and just show up, is there normally a long wait?

Wait times can vary, and are more likely in the peak period between 6:30pm and 7:30pm.

Also, try going to the MTD desk as soon as you board.  Perhaps they can make reservations at the times you desire.

Oasis is big.  That may be more of an issue.  We have been on smaller ships and they made it difficult to make reservations.  No one available to make them!  We usually just walked up and they took us to our table.  We ate early except a couple of days.  Even on those days no issues.  Only one time did the take us to another table.  That was because some jerks walked in and sat at our table without getting a host to seat them.  Not a big deal.  The staff let them do it, and we didn't make it into an issue.  A table is a table!  As long as we get a good waiter. 

We did MTD two weeks ago on Grandeur.  For some nights we had reservations and other nights we walked up.  Never had to wait. Oasis is a lot larger than Grandeur so it might be a different experience.

Sailing the Granduer in June.  I just booked the cruise and it waitlisted me for 5:30 dinner sitting.  That was confusing, but I figured I’d book my time dining each night and if I’m given 5:30...then fine.  The next morning all of my my time reservations were cancelled and now it’s not an option or my cruise planner anywhere to book again.

Im. frustrated. I haven’t sailed Royal in a few years and thus website is awful compared to the last time I sailed.  Wow.