Two Thumbs Up for Woodwind!

NnJ2010

I wanted to be sure to post since I used cruise critic boards to find Woodwind! 

My husband and I were on the Christmas sailing of the Celebrity Summit.  We visited Bonaire on December 26.  First it's a charming island with great people. Very very eco friendly. I look forward to exploring more of the island some day.

We booked online with Woodwind. We have been cruising almost 20 years and while the first few cruises we booked ship excursions, we quickly became frustrated with them. We don't like the crowds or the waiting. But that's just us.  So I emailed to secure our spot and I even had the date wrong originally and they said no worries we already knew which day it was since you had said which ship... Their email information was prompt and responsive. And detailed!  They had a very clear map of where to go when you got off the ship and meet them. Even included photos.

We arrived and got off the ship and were surprised it really was a 3 minute walk from where the ship had docked! Exited, turned right and walked.  One of our guides met us at the time and location they said they would.  Took us to their offices.  Then got the group situated and on the boat.  I would estimate there were around 30 snorkelers on their cat but it never felt like that many. They had at least 5 or 6 crew members on board. They served beverages - a LARGE variety of beverages both with or without alcohol, your choice. They were frequently coming around to see if you needed a refill or were done with your drink, etc.  We went on the longer of the two options and went to two snorkeling locations which also offered lunch and dessert. And the food was really really good.  Even my very picky husband thoroughly enjoyed it!  

The reefs are beautiful and well protected. They also showed us how they are growing new coral. The group was broken down into smaller groups to snorkel in so there were only around 7-9 people per group.  Each had their own guide who would point out things along the way, help anyone who needed it, etc. There was also a photographer who took great underwater photos - both of the people in their own travel groups and of the sea life. At the end of the cruise the photographer gives the option of purchasing all the photos or not. IMO it was worth it - i enjoyed not having to try to get photos and to be able to just float and dive and enjoy the sights!

They were conscious of the traffic in the area, they were conscious of the direction or the tides, etc.  They really think of everything so that you can relax and enjoy. Easily one of the best excursions we've been on! Both from the standpoint of ease and organization (they are probably the best of all the excursions we've done) and from the beautiful reefs and sea life!

• Like 2

We snorkeled with Woodwind on Jan 1/20 and had a great time the staff were helpful and got us all equipped with properly sized equipment.  We did the afternoon tour which included two snorkels and a VERY yummy lunch.  The only thing I think they should do differently is they split us into groups 1,2,3.  the groups went in the same order for both trips so group 1 got in about 20 min more of snorkeling then my group 3 did as everyone gets back on pretty much together but there is a bigger gap in getting off.  I was fine with it as I found it to be a long enough time in the water anyways. Just think they should do Group 1,2,3 and then on the second trip group 3,2,1.  You can see the meeting place from the ship it was very close to the ship about a 2 min walk. 

• Like 2