Cheers 😊

James4me

On 1/9/2020 at 7:19 PM, James4me said:

This is very good to know as my husband just drinks beer and he likes them in a bucket with ice.  That’s what got me concerned because he could easily hit 15 and still walk a straight line LOL.  

You can't buy beers by the bucket either with Cheers.  You have to buy them individually, one at a time...5 minutes in between purchases.

17 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Do you remember if you were allowed to purchase non-alcoholic drinks (coke, ginger ale, etc), or were you completely cut off from all beverage purchases?

I don't know that I tried, but the non-alcohol is unlimited and I've never heard of anyone being cut off from non-alcohol drinks.  I can't imagine that happening.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2020 at 9:37 PM, Hoops_Baller said:

Been there...you are cut off.  When you start drinking at 10am on a sea day it is very doable especially if you are a beer drinker. They generally tell you once you get to 12, 13 or 14 that you are getting close.  There are always ways around the rules.  In this case I have given the money to someone else to buy the drink for me.

The receipt you sign will start letting you know once you hit 10 drinks.  I just sailed a week ago, and I was looking for the number to show up on the sea day, lol.

Agree - definitely easy to hit 15!

22 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

Do you remember if you were allowed to purchase non-alcoholic drinks (coke, ginger ale, etc), or were you completely cut off from all beverage purchases?

Yes.  After I have been told I hit 15, I was able to order water and diet coke instead.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 5:11 PM, Hoops_Baller said:

You can't buy beers by the bucket either with Cheers.  You have to buy them individually, one at a time...5 minutes in between purchases.

You can purchase buckets of beer via room service and it will not count towards your cheers package but instead will be charged to you Sail and Sign card. I have done this many times. 

• Thanks 2

On 1/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, mz-s said:

You can't buy doubles on Cheers, but you can buy drinks that include more than one shot - manhattan, LIT, etc.

the Alchemy Bar drinks are all doubles with the amount of booze in them.  We stick to those and tip at least a buck per drink.  If we drink more than 4 -5 of those through the day, the tips don't add up to much that were charged with the package on $52 per day.

On 1/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, Hitchcock said:

You can purchase buckets of beer via room service and it will not count towards your cheers package but instead will be charged to you Sail and Sign card. I have done this many times. 

I find this hard to believe, but if it is correct it dispels the whole notion about only being able to get 15 drinks.

1 hour ago, Hoops_Baller said:

I find this hard to believe, but if it is correct it dispels the whole notion about only being able to get 15 drinks.

It's 15 drinks on Cheers.  Anything over will have to be purchased, but will have to be done before drink 15.

• Like 1