Westin Diplomat - Hollywood, FL

cherbobtt

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Florida, pre-cruise 1/21. We arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and took a cab to the hotel. The cab was about $30. The hotel was absolutely fabulous. We got our room through Hotwire, which was noted on the reservation, but we were treated as if we had paid full rack rate. Upon check-in, we were offered an upgrade to a room with a balcony. We had a great view of the city. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom had a large tub with 2 sliding doors so that you could sit in the tub and watch TV or look out the balcony.

The restaurants there were very expensive. We ate at the pool restuarant, and, although the food was good and plentiful, we felt it was overpriced.

If you need a grocery store, Wal-Mart or other restaurants, walk out the front entrance of the hotel and make a left. Walk a couple of blocks to Hallendale Beach and make a right onto the bridge (there's a Quick Trip or 7-11 on the right and a water tower on the left where you turn). There's a walking path across the bridge, and as soon as you reach the other side, there is a Wal-Mart on your right. If you walk a few more blocks, there is a Publix, shopping centers, all types of fast food and sit-down restaurants. We walked up to 14th street where the Walgreens was located. We are not avid exercisers, and we did not find the walk to be too strenuous.

We stayed at the Westin Diplomat in Hollywood, Florida, pre-cruise 1/21. We arrived at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and took a cab to the hotel. The cab was about $30. The hotel was absolutely fabulous. .

The Westin Diplomat is an absolutely gorgeous hotel with the most fabulous pool in South Florida!

Were there a lot of good restaurants within walking distance? We are still shopping for two nights post cruise in July. I am hoping to avoid renting a car if at all possible, so if the pool is very nice and there are good restaurants then it sounds great to me!!:)

Well dang I just checked and it is sold out the nights we need it....I would still like to know about the restaurants though for next time!!

Archived