Am I select or not?

Deeliteful

Booked myself on cruise in June on the Oceana. Have been able to choose my dining times and bed combination but says cabin will be allocated. 
I thought the above choices were select and I should be able to choose my cabin too?

Thoughts?

(I have tried to phone P&O but waiting time was too long)

xx

I would call them.  we booked over the telephone 2 years ago and were select but found out we were in the same position as you, cabin grade guaranteed.  We only realized after the holiday but we're happy with our cabin position however now we are more on the ball I would definitely want to choose where I was.

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Booked myself on cruise in June on the Oceana. Have been able to choose my dining times and bed combination but says cabin will be allocated. 
I thought the above choices were select and I should be able to choose my cabin too?

Thoughts?

xx

On early saver, you still get to select your bed configuration and dining preference, but no guarantee you will get them, but on saver, you don't get a dining choice. 

Andy 

Hi....if you have chosen your dining time you have booked select BUT sometimes your actual cabin number can be on a guaranteed basis even on select fare. As an earlier post stated when booked on line it automatically defaults to guaranteed basis with the option to choose your cabin number. Best to phone P&O and see what can be done...if it's default then you should be able to choose.... if guaranteed ....at the time of booking .... is all that was available ....even though booked select fare....then I wouldn't think that you can choose cabin number.

2 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Thoughts?

xx

With select you should have obc,free parking or free coach from home pick up point.

Try phoning again to confirm.

Personally picking the cabin I want plus obc and dining choice is why we always book select.

• Like 1

Thanks for all your help. Have just phoned and apparently the only two cabins they have left in my grade are two adaptable cabins hence having to wait.

So have paid a little more to go to the next grade and able to choose my midship cabin.

Happy now 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deeliteful said:

Thoughts?

xx

Same thing happened to me recently for our upcoming April Cruise, I am happy to wait and see where we are s long as I have a balcony it is fine 😊

1 hour ago, Deeliteful said:

Thanks for all your help. Have just phoned and apparently the only two cabins they have left in my grade are two adaptable cabins hence having to wait.

So have paid a little more to go to the next grade and able to choose my midship cabin.

Happy now 😀

Great news.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We never tick the upgrade box. What P&O consider an upgrade won't necessarily be the same as yours. We choose our cabin carefully by what suits us, deck, lift access, quieter areas etc and stick with it. Any upgrade is to the benefit of P&O not you. 

10 hours ago, chismrules said:

I have a question, never cruised on P&O but on others. IF I have a guarantee inside, on other lines it could be inside or better. Does P&O do this or only offer a inside somewhere.

I think there used to be two sorts of upgrade, the first within the same cabin category, for example from an inside at the ends of the ship to an inside midships, the second only if the upgrade was to a cabin of a higher category, inside to outside or outside to balcony etc. you got to chose on booking.